+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i make some changes when submitting full application IMM008?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted IMM008 using simplified application process.Now i got request for submitting full application, i have some questions for filling forms again,

Can i make some minor changes like

NOC -

i got one new job after submitting application , so may i include new job with NOC?
Same i wrote duration of one job 2007 - Till now, but i finished that job after 2 month of my application, may i now write end date instead of "Tilll now"?

NOC- Explanation.....
I need to write some explanation in past, can i change text of explanation or tense only ?

IELTS ---
I wrote high proficiency , im going to take exam in next month, just in case if i couldnt achive band of 7.0 or high for high proficiency, Can i change it to Moderate now in new application?

FUnds......

I spent some funds and now i have some less that what i wrote previous application, may i write new amount now ?

Finally, do i need to write one seprate letter for explanation of all these changes? Would these changes gonna make some thing wrong to CIC? Thanks and looing forward..

oicur0t

Feb 16, 2009
Yes this is an interesting one as my forms have gone off and I am in the process of changing jobs. When it comes back will I do all my forms again? Or just send a cover letter?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
oicur0t said:
Yes this is an interesting one as my forms have gone off and I am in the process of changing jobs. When it comes back will I do all my forms again? Or just send a cover letter?
If your forms have already been sent to the visa office, you could send them a letter to update the information if you want. I don't know if this is even necessary.

If your forms have been sent to Sydney only, I would update it with new forms to the visa office, and explain the changes on a letter.

I probably did too much, i sent in new updated forms to visa office, wrote the difference in a cover letter and sent in a copy of the old forms (just in case, but this is way too much i think).

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rupeshhari,

Thanks for your reply. I'm agree with you by writing a cover letter for explanation of changes made, i sent before simplified application which was IMM008 form only, Now they request complete application which include IMM008 form again and more as general. What about cover letter, should to be by name of embassy or visa officer? Should me write some like this

Education :-
Changes... explanation will go here
Work Experience:-
Changes.....explanation will go here

and so on.....

Do you advise to write all in same page or for every portion a seprate page? i'm going to write one letter for explane how may i sucess to establish myself in Canada.. do you think this all will mess up or its okay, one letter for changes etc and other letter for other details?

Thanks and looking forward

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
The cover letter could just address CIC and to the immigration officer. It doesn't really matter.
Sure, the way you say the changes is ok. Same page is okay.
I would update IMM008 as well and send in a new one.

As for how you are going to establish yourself in Canada, that really depends on you. I really don't know how much it matters that someone writes a letter like that or not, but having said that, i did write such a letter. One of the purpose for me to write such a letter is for them to show more examples of my proficiency in English. While it sounds like it is always a good idea to write such a letter, it might turn out that if it wasn't written professionally, they might think its all gibberish and just talk. So be careful how you write it. Good luck.

oicur0t

Feb 16, 2009
With my initial application I wrote a letter, showing how I determined my points with complimentary evidence. It was quite detailed and also contained both mine and my partners resume (CV) - this was suggested by rupeshari previously. The idea that you give as much evidence and information as possible means less excuse to reject your application. Since my application status has changed I intend to add a second letter, in addition to the first, with even more evidence to support my claim. You aren't going to get turned down by giving too much information, but you will if you give too little.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
i agree with oicur0t. Did I really suggest CV(resume). I am probably wrong on the resume part, but totally agree with more information in general. I added a LOT of information explaining everything but had no resume/CV.

But we should also look at the reasons for more information and that is generally to explain things better. So the OP should add such explanation letter.

However, when it comes to the letter to explain how he will successfully establish himself in Canada, one should be careful because the letter shouldn't be counter productive. A simple example is if I say I am going to start a business in Canada on another letter (just so I can show that I can establish myself economically) but write it is poor English, the immigration officer might find it hard to believe that I could start a business in Canada with my English proficiency. So for this letter (to show successful economic ....), you have to be careful. Anyway, thats just an opinion. I really don't know how they view such letters.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks alot "Rupeshhari" and "oicur0t"

Rupeshhari, i'm going to take Ielts next month,but just i relaise when i start preparing ielts that how much its deficult to prepare one exam like a student after break of 5 to 8 years of education plus my working timing are really too complicated for preparing such a exam, anyhow i'm going to give it a try.

Exectly as you said, my basic reason of letter is one explanation of my understanding and communication skills in Eglish, if i gets low Ielts band or else. Second, i want to explain about how hard is to having Arrange employment ( 10*) while out from canada but its not mean that i would unable to get job or establish myself, i wanna give some examples from my past with proofs, as a IT professional, how may i establish myself.

Rupeshhari, you have my email id, could you please kindly send my copy of that letter you wrote to cic? if you dont have my email, then its here, "rouf1234u@hotmail.com"you have perfect reason, sending letter isnt matter really but written a professional letter could realy make a defference instead of garbage only. Thanks and looking forward

oicur0t

Feb 16, 2009
rupeshhari said:
i agree with oicur0t. Did I really suggest CV(resume). I am probably wrong on the resume part, but totally agree with more information in general. I added a LOT of information explaining everything but had no resume/CV.

But we should also look at the reasons for more information and that is generally to explain things better. So the OP should add such explanation letter.

However, when it comes to the letter to explain how he will successfully establish himself in Canada, one should be careful because the letter shouldn't be counter productive. A simple example is if I say I am going to start a business in Canada on another letter (just so I can show that I can establish myself economically) but write it is poor English, the immigration officer might find it hard to believe that I could start a business in Canada with my English proficiency. So for this letter (to show successful economic ....), you have to be careful. Anyway, thats just an opinion. I really don't know how they view such letters.
You suggested as much info as possible, so I added as much info as possible, which included a resume for both of us as we are both management material with 5 or more years experience here in London. Also in there was a print out from a UK government website to corroborate what I was saying about my education. I decided my letter was going to be detailed with lots of financial information and a potential business idea as well. Since English is my first language I decided that if it was lucid and candid it would be in my favour. I also recounted how I had used networking to gain previous employment and explained how we were aware of the difficulties starting out in a new country etc. The only thing I was concerned about was British vs US spelling. This tactic may not work for everyone but I figured this, along with an explaination of the equity we have in property here in London, which also makes us very solvent, could be useful.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
very nice. By the way, for my language proficiency, i also talked about US vs. British spelling but more as a joke and conclusion. Apparently Canada goes by British spelling.