+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I lose my PR status by visiting back home?

valetta

Aug 25, 2014
Hey guys, I heard that you can lose your PR - refugee status if you go back home, for obvious reason.

I was wondering, I applied as a Humanitarian compassionate, but not as a refugee. It's more like a private family inabilities (I was 14 when I decided to apply for PR) that I won't go on about. I was wondering if I visit my mom back home, will the same rule as the refugee's apply to me (I'm now 18 if that matters)?

Thanks all
Is there any other ways that I could lose my PR status that I have to consider?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
It sounds as if you came to Canada as a minor alone and then applied as a form of refugee.

I would definitely check out the requirements of your status. Likely they applied you under the H & C because at the time you were much to young to actually apply as a refugee without having parents in the country with you. I suspect, but know for sure, that you would fall under the same category as a refugee though.

Check with someone very well versed in immigration law and be sure they know the answers. The last thing you want/need is to be caught out and find out you weren't supposed to leave.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valetta said:
Hey guys, I heard that you can lose your PR - refugee status if you go back home, for obvious reason.

I was wondering, I applied as a Humanitarian compassionate, but not as a refugee. It's more like a private family inabilities (I was 14 when I decided to apply for PR) that I won't go on about. I was wondering if I visit my mom back home, will the same rule as the refugee's apply to me (I'm now 18 if that matters)?

Thanks all
Is there any other ways that I could lose my PR status that I have to consider?
What does the landing class on the back of your PR Card state eg CR (digit) etc?

valetta

Aug 25, 2014
Msafiri said:
What does the landing class on the back of your PR Card state eg CR (digit) etc?
my PR status is in its final process, I'm just wondering what would happen if I visit back home, so definitely I will keep you posted! Thanks