+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I look for employer while waiting on WP/PR?

CanAussie

Aug 29, 2010
Gday n hello,

I am so happy to find this forum. I now know that I am not alone in chewing my nails to the bones over all of this.

I have been in Canada on Visitors Visa since March 2009. Have applied for PR which started to be processed end of March this year. Was told I should have sent work permit application with it so sent that a couple months ago. Received a letter stating they can not process work permit until PR application is at a certain stage.
Not all that pleased as my wife and I cant afford to put out money that isn't going to be put to good use. So I still have to keep renewing visitors permit.

My savings is all gone and our roommate as moved out so now my poor wife is stuck with paying for everything and we are getting sick of KD and rice :p

Thats all a bit long winded I know.. so my question is. Will it affect my applications if I look for an employee. All my work experience has been practical hands with only basic certificates so I couldnt get a skilled work visa.

Any advise would be wonderful. And quick replies if possible as I dont think we can have the internet on for much longer :'(

Much peace and love

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
you look for work but you will have to convince some to hire you.
go do some job search and try to help her out. Also try to find a roommy or a cheaper place

CanAussie

Aug 29, 2010
Thanx for the reply. We are looking to move into coop housing which is rent based on household income and will be adjusted once I can work. This place is too small to share, our last room mate was my sister in-law and that was hard with some one we know and love. So moving is the only choice atm.

So I can look for a job and have an employer sponsor me and that wont affect my Perm. Res application?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you Australian? Do you qualify for a working holiday visa? If you do, that might be the fastest way to get a work permit.

As far as I know, there is no job website with a list of employers who will sponsor people for a work permit. They would be bombarded with applications if there was. You have to try to find someone who wants you badly enough that they will apply for your LMO. It will not affect your PR application.