+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Live in Ontario, work in Quebec

schi0301

Jul 23, 2019
HI All

I've received the ee ITA (CEC), I am living, working in QC right now.
I saw this on official website:
"Skilled workers apply under this category if they want to live in any Canadian province or territory except Quebec."

Could I live on the Ontario, and travel to work or remote the job which is in Montreal?
And provide the Ontario rental lease, Toronto job search emails, all the expenses transaction proof.

And do I need to do upfront medical exam in this stage (ITA, haven't fill out all the form)?

Thank you!

G_sha

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hello, everyone!

Did you guys got PR?
I am in the same boat! Please let us know here any updates.
Thanks
This was same situation for me in 2020 when I got an ITA(CEC). If you are living in Ontario and working in Quebec, that's fine.

The only things your address should be from Ontario province. Also if your pay slips has your address, it should be from Ontario.

brijeshpatel

Sep 7, 2023
This was same situation for me in 2020 when I got an ITA(CEC). If you are living in Ontario and working in Quebec, that's fine.

The only things your address should be from Ontario province. Also if your pay slips has your address, it should be from Ontario.
I really appreciate the reply.
I was just in lost kinda situation for this!

My paystub from the company only carry company's address (of Quebec) and not any other address (not even mine).
However, The T4 from the company has MY Ontario address in it and so does the employment letter states "Remote job from Canada".
I have always been the resident of Ontario from the start when I came to Canada.
I also have DL, OHIP and lease from Ontario.

I contacted few immigration lawyers and they just bluntly asked me to leave job or province (To Quebec, from Ontario - as the company office is only in Quebec)
PS: It is very hard now-a-days to get job and that too IT for good NOC!

(1) Will the docs mentioned above be sufficient for CEC along with Letter of explanation to reside in ONTARIO?
(2) Under which category did you got your ITA or PR and how by yourself or lawyer? (If you are comfortable please expand on it)

Again! Thank you so much.

G_sha

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
I really appreciate the reply.
I was just in lost kinda situation for this!

My paystub from the company only carry company's address (of Quebec) and not any other address (not even mine).
However, The T4 from the company has MY Ontario address in it and so does the employment letter states "Remote job from Canada".
I have always been the resident of Ontario from the start when I came to Canada.
I also have DL, OHIP and lease from Ontario.

I contacted few immigration lawyers and they just bluntly asked me to leave job or province (To Quebec, from Ontario - as the company office is only in Quebec)
PS: It is very hard now-a-days to get job and that too IT for good NOC!

(1) Will the docs mentioned above be sufficient for CEC along with Letter of explanation to reside in ONTARIO?
(2) Under which category did you got your ITA or PR and how by yourself or lawyer? (If you are comfortable please expand on it)

Again! Thank you so much.
No man, You have the same situation as me. I was working for Quebec company and there was no address mentioned on the pay slips. So i just ask for Employment letter from my company wich says that I am working from remote. Also, you have a strong thing that you are already paying taxes living in Ontario.

So you dont need to leave a job and go and apply.

1.Yes, those will be enough
2. I also got my ITA under CEC.I did my PR myself.

Just for your information: For Canada related information, I put videos on my YouTube channel. One of its videos. WOULD BE HAPPY IF YOU SUBSCRIBE

tHANKS

Reactions: brijeshpatel

brijeshpatel

Sep 7, 2023
No man, You have the same situation as me. I was working for Quebec company and there was no address mentioned on the pay slips. So i just ask for Employment letter from my company wich says that I am working from remote. Also, you have a strong thing that you are already paying taxes living in Ontario.

Just for your information: For Canada related information, I put videos on my YouTube channel. One of its videos. WOULD BE HAPPY IF YOU SUBSCRIBE

tHANKS

Thank you so much!

brijeshpatel

Sep 7, 2023

tHANKS
Hello,

I subscribed and watched all of your videos. However, I would like to recommend, if you could make a video about you PR journey and share more information about the situation (working in Quebec and living in Ontario WFH or any other) that would be great as most of people like me have little to no idea about this and just might quite the job or province for PR. Your and mine situation is similar.

This is just a suggestion.

Thank you again!