+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave and come back to Canada without Job offer?

Laxpearl

Dec 15, 2018
I'm on PGWP (which expires on August 2023) I'm planning to leave Canada for a month, but I don't have a valid job offer right at the moment. Can I still enter the country? or it will be a problem while returning back?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm on PGWP (which expires on August 2023) I'm planning to leave Canada for a month, but I don't have a valid job offer right at the moment. Can I still enter the country? or it will be a problem while returning back?
Do you have a TRV? If so, yes.

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
Yes, I do have TRV. So it won't be a problem to return back even though I don't have a job offer right?
Some people get stopped from boarding their planes if they don't have a job offer, or if they don't have a proof that they "normally" live in the country. If you don't have a job, and you have to go back, try to have proof that you pay monthly rent, or some sort of bills.

Reactions: Laxpearl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Some people get stopped from boarding their planes if they don't have a job offer, or if they don't have a proof that they "normally" live in the country. If you don't have a job, and you have to go back, try to have proof that you pay monthly rent, or some sort of bills.
Those requirements were during Covid. Do you have confirmation from IRCC that this is still the case?

Laxpearl

Dec 15, 2018
Sure thing, I will carry the rental contract for proof of residence with me!