+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I join a new employer while applied for my OPEN Work permit extension.

snigdhap

Feb 22, 2016
Hi,
Can anyone please help me answering my concerns about implied status and how does it work for particularly my scenario.

I have applied for extension of my open work permit along with my husband's work permit extension through his employer.
- Our work permit was about to expiry on 1st March 2016 where as we have applied online on 11th November 2015.
-We are not pretty sure when should we receive our extension work permits.

-Meanwhile my husband got permanent transfer to CANADA from India and he can continue working for the same employer with implied status but my case is different as I was on OPEN WORK PERMIT and ended my contract job in last Dec 2015.
- Now, I am searching new jobs but my current Open work permit visa is going to end on 1st march, in between if I get any offer then Can I work with a new employer with implied status or what should I reply to the employer to believe my work status and in this case should I search for new job saying I am on implied status.

I am really looking for some useful answers and help here. Please do reply with your value able feed backs.

Thanks,
Snigdha

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snigdhap said:
Hi,
Can anyone please help me answering my concerns about implied status and how does it work for particularly my scenario.

I have applied for extension of my open work permit along with my husband's work permit extension through his employer.
- Our work permit was about to expiry on 1st March 2016 where as we have applied online on 11th November 2015.
-We are not pretty sure when should we receive our extension work permits.

-Meanwhile my husband got permanent transfer to CANADA from India and he can continue working for the same employer with implied status but my case is different as I was on OPEN WORK PERMIT and ended my contract job in last Dec 2015.
- Now, I am searching new jobs but my current Open work permit visa is going to end on 1st march, in between if I get any offer then Can I work with a new employer with implied status or what should I reply to the employer to believe my work status and in this case should I search for new job saying I am on implied status.

I am really looking for some useful answers and help here. Please do reply with your value able feed backs.

Thanks,
Snigdha
Since you had an open work permit and applied for extension before it's expiry date, it means that you have implied status of the same work permit and its conditions, i.e. open work permit. As such you can work for any employer (unless otherwise stated on your permit, sometimes there are limitations)