+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I invite my biological parent for visit

music5

Jan 10, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I was adopted my aunt few years back and now I am citizen of Canada. We both have full time jobs so funds should not be issue. I was wondering if I can apply for my biological parents to come and visit (visit only no PR or super visa) me and my family.

I read the guide and according the guide I can invite any of my family or relatives but I am just little confused about the process. Should I invite them as their biological son or should I invite them as Uncle and aunt?

Thanks,
Raj

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If you were legally adopted, you no longer have any legal link to your biological parents.
So, I think that it would be the same rules as any other of your "friends".

music5

Jan 10, 2014
Thanks Zardoz.

Yes, it was thru legal system and legally I have no relationship with my biological parents but can I still invite them as my relatives (Uncle and Aunt)?

In this case, when they filling relatives form then they don't have write down as their son, right?

Thanks,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ah, I see what you mean... Yes, you probably can... It's legally correct, even if it's a little strange.

maysa911

Jun 14, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I was adopted my aunt few years back and now I am citizen of Canada. We both have full time jobs so funds should not be issue. I was wondering if I can apply for my biological parents to come and visit (visit only no PR or super visa) me and my family.

I read the guide and according the guide I can invite any of my family or relatives but I am just little confused about the process. Should I invite them as their biological son or should I invite them as Uncle and aunt?

Thanks,
Raj

Hi Raj,

I am in same situation as you. Were you able to invite your parents to Canada on Visitor Visa? What did you put as Biological son or uncle/aunt.
I would really appreciate if you could reply. Thanks a ton.