+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get Canada student visa with 8 years of gap including 2 years of IT suppor

saadkhan786

Jun 9, 2014
Hi,
I'm from Pakistan. I'm keen to take admission in Software Engineering(B.Eng).
My previous study was Bachelor in Commerce 2006. And HSC in science pre Engineering.
I did not have any gap till B.Com but after that I have 8 years of gap including 2 years of work experience as an IT support engineer.
Rest of the time I was doing personal business.
On the other hand, I got 5.5 in IELTS but University is offering Base and ELAS programs for those who do not meet with English requirement
I chose Waterloo University as far as I know so this University has good reputation and also comes in world ranking.
I heard that this gap can make trouble in my Visa.

Kindly suggest me what to do? I can't wait anymore to start my studies.

Thanks

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did you get admit ?

thats step 1.

if you get admitted to waterloo chances of visa are there but again tough.

you will have to write a sop which convinces the vo that you need to do this after a bcom and such gap.

cheers

krishnar

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Is gap in studies is a problem if I was working(in similar filed as studies) during that period?

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
why would you do 2 bachelors and after a bcom that too.

it does not seem like a logical progression of your education.

cheers

saadkhan786

Jun 9, 2014
Actually I found myself good in computing and I have much interest in computer field. And my last study isn't entirely related to my desired field but few subjects were similar like Economics Accounting/Maths.
And I have been working as an IT Support Enggr for last two years.
I have gap of six years but I was doing personal business of property dealing.
What if University gives me conditional admission so can I go for Visa?
Furthermore, I got my own Bank statement, its a business account and total turn over is around 15 million, daily transaction is around 1.5 lac to 3 lac. but not holding amount more than lac but now I left 3 million in my account for my 1st year studies.
My money is invested in company with my partner, my own money is 5 million I have affidavit and Company agreement.
So what do you suggest me? should I go for visa after admission?

Thanks

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
You need to explain this gap or more precisely, you need to JUSTIFY your gap that what you did during this time, how you find interest in the proposed study program, etc...

Justify all this in your Statement of Explanation with proofs and you are done.
All the best.

saadkhan786

Jun 9, 2014
Thanks all of u.
Obviously I will convince them by write a sop.
Soon I will submit my application for admission.
Please could anyone tell me about Waterloo University? I chose York and Waterloo but Waterloo seems better than York so am going for Waterloo.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
saadkhan786 said:
If I got admission in waterloo or york so will it helpful for my visa success?
Your institute must be from Designated Learning Institute list. That's it.
Other than that, acceptance or rejection depends on the provided documents which will support your visa application.

If someone secures his/her admission in a good university, it doesn't mean that his/her visa approval chances are 100%

shahid19091982

Jul 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 8 years of work experience after BBA so i selected PG course in financial planning & wealth management.