+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do my medical in advance?

SMexicanaD

Mar 21, 2019
Hi,

I am finalizing our file for me to sponsor my husband outland. My only concern is that he works for a cruiseship company so he is for months at sea. I checked and none of the ports he stops at, has a CIC approved doctor.

My question is, anyone had a situation where they did their medical just before sending their file instead of waiting for instructions as requested. I am wondering if there are any exceptions or how we will do it if he is working and we have only 30 days to complete it.

Thanks in advance!

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
You can no longer do an upfront medical exam for spousal sponsorship so he will have to go to an approved panel physician when they request it

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I am finalizing our file for me to sponsor my husband outland. My only concern is that he works for a cruiseship company so he is for months at sea. I checked and none of the ports he stops at, has a CIC approved doctor.

My question is, anyone had a situation where they did their medical just before sending their file instead of waiting for instructions as requested. I am wondering if there are any exceptions or how we will do it if he is working and we have only 30 days to complete it.

Thanks in advance!
Hi

If he goes to the Panel Physician and says it is for a sponsorship app, they will say no. However, if he says it is an upfront medical for an economic app or a temporary resident app, they would do it. The medical is the same regardless.

He can request an extension to the 30 days as well.

Reactions: schweisy