+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do medical in a different country where my application was submitted?

Beenath17

Apr 28, 2018
Hello guys,

I submitted my study visa application in my home country but I traveled out the country after I submitted my application. However, IRCC has just requested me to do medical examination.

Is it okay for me do the medical tests in the country I traveled to or I have to go to my home country to do the medical examination?

Another question is that, how long am I going to wait until before hearing from after submitting test results?

Thanks in advance for all your contributions.

Quinn.Tran

Oct 7, 2024
Hello guys,

I submitted my study visa application in my home country but I traveled out the country after I submitted my application. However, IRCC has just requested me to do medical examination.

Is it okay for me do the medical tests in the country I traveled to or I have to go to my home country to do the medical examination?

Another question is that, how long am I going to wait until before hearing from after submitting test results?

Thanks in advance for all your contributions.
Yes you can take medical exam at the country where you are in. Usually the medical center will contact you within 1 weeks if they need you to do further examination, IRCC will send a request letter in this case as well). After about 2 -3 weeks without any feedback then your result is fine.