+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I do flagpole, if I have a US visitors visa?

Jimmyyyyy

Feb 4, 2023
Yes, but if you have a US visitors visa then you don’t need to flagpole. You are going to the US border, and coming back.
So I have completed my 2 years of education in Canada and I need my post graduation work permit on immediate basis. If I have a 10 years of US visitor’s visa, how will flagpole work for me?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So I have completed my 2 years of education in Canada and I need my work permit on immediate basis. If I have a 10 years of US visitor’s visa, how will flagpole work for me?
You flagpole like any person. Go to the US, say you are flagpoling and US officers will send you back.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Do US officer stamp on passport when you do flagpole for Canada?
Yes, they normally do put a stamp on your passport. I have heard of some cases where they issue a paper slip, but those appear to be exceptions.
The stamp is required as a proof for Canadian immigration to record that you left Canada.
I was in the exact same situation as you and had a B2 visa when I flagpoled. Since I did that, I have visited the US at least thrice a year for the last 3 years.
There has never been a situation where anyone in the USCBP even bothered to ask me about it. I guess they all know why we do it.
So its all good. Go right ahead.

Reactions: Akshit verma

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Will that affect my current US visitors visa or my entry to the US in future?
Okay, so I faced this situation before. I can tell what happened and how it affects my life and immigration situation.

I have a US B1/B2 visa, a business/tourist visitor visa. I wanted to get a new WP at the border. I went to the border. Went over to the US side. They asked if I had an I-94 (iirc) form in my passport. I did not or it was lost. So off you go to the immigration building and get one of those. I went there, they asked why the hell you want to go to US of A? I told them, visit, some shopping and back to go to Canada. They asked, are you flagpoling? I told, I will apply for my WP in my return journey. They gave me a white slip, called administartive refusal and told me to go back and show it to canadians. I went back and got my WP. Cool!

Now it is important to remember, if they ask you upfront if you want to do flagpole, you can not lie. /it will get you in trouble. simple.

Now that white slip is administrative refusal. And you need to remember it for life long. It is still a refusal. Does it leave any entry in the system? I do not know. I do still mention it in any form that I fill for any country where I try to get their visa. i did mention it in my canadian PR.

So if you have that form i-94 or whatever you are golden. if not do remember the administrative refusal thing.

Reactions: andrews17

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Okay, so I faced this situation before. I can tell what happened and how it affects my life and immigration situation.

I have a US B1/B2 visa, a business/tourist visitor visa. I wanted to get a new WP at the border. I went to the border. Went over to the US side. They asked if I had an I-94 (iirc) form in my passport. I did not or it was lost. So off you go to the immigration building and get one of those. I went there, they asked why the hell you want to go to US of A? I told them, visit, some shopping and back to go to Canada. They asked, are you flagpoling? I told, I will apply for my WP in my return journey. They gave me a white slip, called administartive refusal and told me to go back and show it to canadians. I went back and got my WP. Cool!

Now it is important to remember, if they ask you upfront if you want to do flagpole, you can not lie. /it will get you in trouble. simple.

Now that white slip is administrative refusal. And you need to remember it for life long. It is still a refusal. Does it leave any entry in the system? I do not know. I do still mention it in any form that I fill for any country where I try to get their visa. i did mention it in my canadian PR.

So if you have that form i-94 or whatever you are golden. if not do remember the administrative refusal thing.
Great information, thanks for sharing.

I'm planning to flagpole this week for my wife's SOWP. We both have Canadian TRV and US B1/B2 visa.

rahulghosh

Oct 11, 2021
Great information, thanks for sharing.

I'm planning to flagpole this week for my wife's SOWP. We both have Canadian TRV and US B1/B2 visa.
Were you able to flagpole? Did you tell the US officers that you just want to flagpole? Please share your experience if possible.