+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I create my profile before getting 1 year experience( 12 days to 1 year)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
The-SpaceGuy said:
Thank you for the response, I believe there wont be any problem If I decline the ITA now, as long as I am in the point loop. This is my understanding, please correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct. But if you don't act on the ITA (accept or decline) and 60 days lapses, then you will have to withdraw the existing profile and create a new one.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
RegularGuy said:
I started my job on January 4, 2015. I should have completed 52 weeks for CEC on Jan 3, 2016. I took 4 weeks unpaid leave in may 2015 to visit my home country for some urgent family reasons. I got ITA on Feb 10, 2016. I have counted and found that i received ITA in 54th week of work, excluding 4 weeks leave. Should i go ahead with the current ITA ?

Also, i think i took one or two sick days off here and there in 2015 and 3 days off during Christmas week for a short fun trip to US. I am not sure whether i have completed 52 weeks of 30 hours/week work. Can anyone pls give some suggestions.
As per CEC eligibility criteria for Express Entry you must have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply. If we have to go by this criteria, you need to calculate whether you have met the 52 week requirement to qualify. In my opinion while calculating the 52 week you should ensure to reduce the 4 week unpaid leave you availed to visit your home country. I do not think the sick leaves and 3 days taken off during Christmas would matter. If you find that you have not met the 52 week criteria, you can decline the ITA and wait for the next round of invitation. Based on your CRS score, you should get an invite in the next round and by then if you complete 52 weeks, then you are good to proceed with your ITA. This is how I would look at it, you may take a second opinion on this one.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
You are correct. But if you don't act on the ITA (accept or decline) and 60 days lapses, then you will have to withdraw the existing profile and create a new one.
Thank you, I will decline ITA if I receive it before feb 23rd.

I had paid vacation for 3 weeks, this doesn't count as leave or something right? because I was paid.

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Thanks stanlee. I have excluded those 4 weeks. As I worked 4 weeks of January 2016 plus one week of February before receiving ITA. So I was in 54th weeks of my work at the time of ITA. I was not sure about my sick days or one or two weeks in 2015 when I worked less hours due to some exams etc. My reference letter states that I have been "working 35+ hours on average every week"

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RegularGuy said:
Thanks stanlee. I have excluded those 4 weeks. As I worked 4 weeks of January 2016 plus one week of February before receiving ITA. So I was in 54th weeks of my work at the time of ITA. I was not sure about my sick days or one or two weeks in 2015 when I worked less hours due to some exams etc. My reference letter states that I have been "working 35+ hours on average every week"
if you worked 40 hours a week for 50 weeks and then just 25 hours last 2 weeks, you are still not considered as a 52 week applicant. you should get minimum of 52 weeks with 30 hours per week. Be very careful before you take a step. See if you have met all required criteria.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RegularGuy said:
Sick days wont matter. the weeks you took sick day leave are paid, so dont worry. they are considered as sick leaves. depending on ur company policy .. confirm with them .

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
If I worked 45 hours one week and the next week I worked 20 hours, the pay stubs would state 65 hours worked in two weeks. In such case, how do we do the math then? Will my two weeks be considered full time or only one week be considered full time work?

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
The-SpaceGuy said:
Sick days wont matter. the weeks you took sick day leave are paid, so dont worry. they are considered as sick leaves. depending on ur company policy .. confirm with them .
I was paid hourly, didn't get annual salary.

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
RegularGuy said:
I started my job on January 4, 2015. I should have completed 52 weeks for CEC on Jan 3, 2016. I took 4 weeks unpaid leave in may 2015 to visit my home country for some urgent family reasons. I got ITA on Feb 10, 2016. I have counted and found that i received ITA in 54th week of work, excluding 4 weeks leave. Should i go ahead with the current ITA ?

Also, i think i took one or two sick days off here and there in 2015 and 3 days off during Christmas week for a short fun trip to US. I am not sure whether i have completed 52 weeks of 30 hours/week work. Can anyone pls give some suggestions.
Hi,

Have you been invited to apply under CEC or FSW?

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RegularGuy said:
If I worked 45 hours one week and the next week I worked 20 hours, the pay stubs would state 65 hours worked in two weeks. In such case, how do we do the math then? Will my two weeks be considered full time or only one week be considered full time work?

That's the catch there, 1 week is considered as only 1 week no matter how many hours you worked. if you worked less than 30 hours then its not counted as valid week. above 30 hours .. its always 1 week and can't be counted for extra week.

This is based on my understanding. please confirm with others and cic website

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
The-SpaceGuy said:
That's the catch there, 1 week is considered as only 1 week no matter how many hours you worked. if you worked less than 30 hours then its not counted as valid week. above 30 hours .. its always 1 week and can't be counted for extra week.

This is based on my understanding. please confirm with others and cic website
But how do we know as the pay stubs have 2 weeks pay on them. I was going through my pay stubs to see my work weeks and this question came to my mind. Even the week when I went to US for 2 day trip, my pay stubs for that pay cycle states hours worked as 64, coz I might have worked more the following week. How would I know that I have completed full 52 weeks. Pls help

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
  • Nalanda said:
    Dear All and Asivad,

Can you please lend your suggestions

- I submitted my thesis on 31-Oct-2014 to the department. After thesis submission, graduate students automatically get deregistered for that term since course requirements are completed. I was waiting for my thesis defence date.
    - I had my thesis defense on 20-Jan-2015.
    - I received my "Statement of Degree Requirements Completed" on 23-Feb-2015 from the University.
    - Then I applied for post graduate work permit on 24-Feb-2015.
    - My study permit was valid till 31-March-2015. From 1-April-2015, I was on implied status till 1-May-2015.
    - But the date issue of PGWP is on 2-May-2015. I have been told that my work experience counts from the day I submitted the PWGP application to CIC (i.e. from Feb2015).

I started working part time for 20 hours from Nov-2014 onwards. Then in March-2015, I received a full time contract job.

My questions:
    1) Will the above work experience from 01-Nov-2014 to 24-Feb-2015 count towards Canadian work experience for CEC or FSW?
    2) Will the work experience during the implied status (25-Feb-2015 to 01-May-2015) count towards Canadian work experience for CEC or FSW?

a) Eligible to count the experience from the first day of the contract (1-Nov-2014), I was not a student at that time but on study permit.
    b) Eligible to count the experience from the day I applied online for Post Graduate Work Permit (24-Feb-2015), completed my masters but on study permit till 31-Mar-2015.
    c) Eligible to count the experience from the day I received the Post Graduate Work Permit (02-May-2015)

I need to know when I will complete my 1 year of Canadian experience. That will change based on the above dates.
    Dear Stanlee and others,

Can you please help me with my queries. I received ITA on feb-10 to apply under FSW. After I submitted my EE profile. I could see following information in my express entry profile details
    Federal Skilled worker - Met
    Canadian Experience Class - Met
    Federal Skilled Trades - Not Met, PNP - Not met

Sorry for explaining it in detail. I am afraid that misrepresentation of any information could lead to ban of 5 years from applying PR. That's why I need more clarifications. I have 3 continuous years (2008-2011) of work experience as a software engineer at TCS (India) in the past 10 years. I believe the 3 yrs of exp at TCS is the reason for CIC to invite me to apply for PR under FSW category instead of CEC. Is my understanding correct?

Language - 21/28 (Speaking 6.5, Listening-7, Reading -7, Writing -7)
    Education - 23/25 (Masters at Canada, Bachelors at India)
    Abroad Experience - 11/15 ( 3 years continuous experience at TCS in India)
    Age - 12/12
    Arranged employment-0/10
    Adaptability -10/10 (5 points for Spouse's IELTS, 5 points for Spouse's Mastsers)
    Total - 77/100

I found this link from Q&A http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1132&top=29. Pasted the content for ur suggestions.

I have been working in Canada for the last six months but didn’t get points for work experience. Why not?
    Under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), to be awarded points for skilled work experience, you must have been:
    -legally allowed to work in Canada in one or more jobs listed in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification; Systems engineer
    -working full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), meaning 30 hours of work per week, Worked 40-45 hours per week
    -working for at least one year in the 10-year period before the day we assign you points. Worked for 3 years continuously at TCS

We do not count work experience if you were:

studying full-time while you were working,
    self-employed, or
    not legally allowed to work in Canada

Please note: Work experience does not need to be continuous to get points under the CRS. But, to qualify under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you must have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, either in Canada or abroad.
    As you mentioned earlier and according to the above note, CIC will consider my Canadian work experience for CRS points in the following manner

Job1 : Aug2015 till date (900 hrs)
    Job2 : Mar2015 to Jul2015 (800 hrs) - self employed
    Job3 : Mar2015 to July2015 (360 hrs)
    Job4 : Sep2011 to Dec2014 (1600 hrs of Teaching assistant and research assistant part-time continuously)

Does CIC consider self employed experience for FSW or CRS points?
    Kindly refer this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=855&top=29. Does CIC consider continuous TA and RA experience for FSW or CRS points?

As per the ITA, I received the below components.
    Age-100
    Education-126
    First Language (new IELTs)-96
    Second Language -0
    Canadian work experience - 35 (How I would have received 35 points without considering self-employed or TA&RA?)
    Spouse education - 10
    Spouse First Language -16
    Spouse Canadian work Exp - 0
    Skill Transferability- Education -50
    Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience - 50
    Total points score -483

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RegularGuy said:
But how do we know as the pay stubs have 2 weeks pay on them. I was going through my pay stubs to see my work weeks and this question came to my mind. Even the week when I went to US for 2 day trip, my pay stubs for that pay cycle states hours worked as 64, coz I might have worked more the following week. How would I know that I have completed full 52 weeks. Pls help

54 weeks excluding 4 weeks leave right? just minus the weeks you worked less than 30 hours.

if there is no concrete way to tell if u worked 52 weeks then how will u show cic that you have valid 1 year experience.

Your start date to ITA date , how many checks with 30 hours more? that will tell u if u had 1 year experience .