+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I change the NOC?

bmorais

Jul 21, 2020
Hello!

I received an ITA for CEC but I need to change my NOC (foreign experience) because I realized that the duties are a bit different.
Do you guys know if I can change the NOC?
Do I need to send any letter of explanation?

Thanks in advance!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
You can change NOC as long as it’s still NOC 0, A or B. If it’s your primary NOC, make sure you make that change also.

you can add an LOE if you so wish, but changing the NOC has no impact to your score.

Reactions: bmorais

bmorais

Jul 21, 2020
You can change NOC as long as it’s still NOC 0, A or B. If it’s your primary NOC, make sure you make that change also.

you can add an LOE if you so wish, but changing the NOC has no impact to your score.
Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Akash722

Jan 15, 2021
Hello!

I received an ITA for CEC but I need to change my NOC (foreign experience) because I realized that the duties are a bit different.
Do you guys know if I can change the NOC?
Do I need to send any letter of explanation?

Thanks in advance!
You can change NOC with LOE as long as it is not too much different than what you have reported. Does not impact on your score as long as it is NOC 0, A or B. But, make sure you write a good LOE

chamu39

Mar 8, 2021
Hi, I have the same question. in EE profile i have given My work experience as NOC 2173 software developer but it should have been 2174 for Mainframe developer. Same for my husband i have given NOC 2173 which is incorrect and it has to be 2174 for mainframe developer for first few years and 2172 DBA for the next few years. I have received ITA. Can i change the NOC in PR application and submit with LOE? will it create any problems in my approval process?

Akash722

Jan 15, 2021
Hi, I have the same question. in EE profile i have given My work experience as NOC 2173 software developer but it should have been 2174 for Mainframe developer. Same for my husband i have given NOC 2173 which is incorrect and it has to be 2174 for mainframe developer for first few years and 2172 DBA for the next few years. I have received ITA. Can i change the NOC in PR application and submit with LOE? will it create any problems in my approval process?
Hi, If possible, if you have good score and can wait till next drawn, best thing is to decline ITA and update the profile so that you wont be in dilemma. But, if you want to proceed, then advise is to make strong LOE and submit it.