20-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013 (Official Landing)
Hi all,
I am doing my pg diploma (1 yr program) in Toronto and I want to do Masters (2 year program). Is there any chance to do in this way by applying universities and join there for 2 yr course? I have already spent 5000CAD for this course (1 sem fee). If I am eligible for applying universities How much bank balance should I have?

Please help me out to get a clear idea.

jhita

Aug 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Nov.
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
25th Nov.
LANDED..........
18th Dec.
Frequently asked questions:
Studying in Canada
Study permits
I am already in Canada and have a valid study permit. I would like to change my school or program of studies. What do I need to do to modify my study permit?

If you are a student at the primary school level and you are moving on to high school or if you are a high school student and you are moving on to post-secondary studies, you need to submit an application to modify your study permit at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

However, if you are enrolled in a post-secondary program (doing studies after the high school level), you may change your school, level, program and field of studies without applying for a new study permit. You don’t need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.

NO knowledge about bank balance, but again I guess it would be one year's tution + living expenses.

csponline

Aug 12, 2010
chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
cc charged on : 12-12-12
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
20-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013 (Official Landing)
Thanks for your reply.

Is there any procedures I need to follow to apply for a Master?

jhita said:
Frequently asked questions:
Studying in Canada
Study permits
I am already in Canada and have a valid study permit. I would like to change my school or program of studies. What do I need to do to modify my study permit?

If you are a student at the primary school level and you are moving on to high school or if you are a high school student and you are moving on to post-secondary studies, you need to submit an application to modify your study permit at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

However, if you are enrolled in a post-secondary program (doing studies after the high school level), you may change your school, level, program and field of studies without applying for a new study permit. You don't need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.

NO knowledge about bank balance, but again I guess it would be one year's tution + living expenses.

jhita

Aug 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Nov.
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
25th Nov.
LANDED..........
18th Dec.
I suggest you complete your 1 year pg course. Meanwhile, also apply to the university for gaining admission to masters course.

The procedures for gaining admission is explained on the university websites. They would probably need transcripts, reference letters, IELTS and things like that.

csponline

Aug 12, 2010
chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....