+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I become a CSIC member from outside of Canada?

A1meem

Aug 12, 2009
Dear Friends,

I have seen on CSIC website few CSIC members practicing from India. I assume they are all PR/Citizen of Canada and have established their own offices in India. I am working for a consultant (an authorised agent of few CSIC members) since 3 years and have gained good knowledge of almost all types of immigration processes for Canada. Can anyone tell me whether I can take exam for Immigration consultant and become a registered CSIC member and practice from India itself or I have to be in Canada as PR to take such exam?

Since I am also going to apply for PR for Canada and my goal is to become a CSIC member, can I get admission into any college offering Immigration study and take online exam from here only and by the time I land into Canada, I could start practicing immediately.

Please provide me detailed guidance/information in this regards.

Thanks

A1meem

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

A1meem said:
Dear Friends,

I have seen on CSIC website few CSIC members practicing from India. I assume they are all PR/Citizen of Canada and have established their own offices in India. I am working for a consultant (an authorised agent of few CSIC members) since 3 years and have gained good knowledge of almost all types of immigration processes for Canada. Can anyone tell me whether I can take exam for Immigration consultant and become a registered CSIC member and practice from India itself or I have to be in Canada as PR to take such exam?

Since I am also going to apply for PR for Canada and my goal is to become a CSIC member, can I get admission into any college offering Immigration study and take online exam from here only and by the time I land into Canada, I could start practicing immediately.

Please provide me detailed guidance/information in this regards.

Thanks

A1meem
1. Have you read the requirements to become a member of CSIC? Canadian Citizen/PR/Status Indian. See: http://www.csic-scci.ca/content/how_to_become_a_member
2. The following are the accredited schools

# Ashton College, Immigration Consultant Diploma Program, Vancouver, British Columbia
# Bow Valley College, Immigration Practitioner Course, Calgary, AB
# Humber College, Immigration Consultant Certificate Program, Toronto, ON
# La Salle College, Immigration Consultant Attestation, Montreal, QC
# Seneca College, Immigration Practitioner Certificate Program, Toronto, ON
# University of British Columbia, Immigration Practitioner Certificate Program, Vancouver, BC

You should check to see if they have online courses.

PMM