+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I ask IRCC to reissue visa and COPR, due to very late submission of passports?

jty9088

Oct 2, 2019
I wonder what are the odds of success if I ask IRCC to reissue visa and COPR, due to very late submission of passports?

Here's what happened:
Me and my husband receive visa and COPR in 2022. We didn't land because I soon gave birth to our baby. After the baby was born, I added him to the application and went through the process.
In Aug 2023, I receive the email asking me to submit passports. However, the languages wasn't clear, and I thought I only need to submit my baby's passport. So my baby got visa, and we didn't.

Then I haven't head anything from IRCC. I asked several times through webform and no answers. No new correspondence or requests on the CIC until today (the last one was asking us to do medical exams back in Aug 2023). The CIC portal still shows the case is under processing. No refusal letter or something like that.

So almost a year after the passport request email, last week I tried to submit passport to VFS global. They transmitted, but the embassy returned the passport and said "there is no visa available" for me.

So what can I do now? I guess the only thing is to write webform to ask IRCC to reissue the COPR and visa? What would be the odds of success?

Thank you for your help.