+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i apply with UK Visa stamped on my passport

yasirriaz50

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Friends please help me,

I got my visa for uk in july 2010 (for MBA) but i did not travel to uk , now i am willing to travel Canada for MBA.I have 2 years Student visa for uk,meanwhile i applied in George Brown College Canada and got the visa letter. I have sufficient bank statement of about 35000 CD$ in my personal account and almost 10,000 CD$ in my Mother's account and almost showing 30,000 CD $ property in the name of my father.I have a brother and he is also earning almost 500 CD$ per month here in Pakistan and i will attach his salary account.i have to send my documents on 15th of September 2010.Please help me to know "do i have chances of getting visa" because otherwise i will go to uk.

Best Regards

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Ok i think i can reply to your question..I am from India,I have studied in uk myself for one year, however the difference between you and me is that i have completed my course in uk and now i have applied for Canada and i have also got medicals(But my semister is near and it seems like my process wont get complete in time)......But anyway the problem with you is that canadian immigration officers may think that you are not a genuine student because you already had a uk visa for 2 years and you totally wasted it, if you would have used it than it would have been a different story, more than that even tho GBC is a good college however it does not have the reputation of being a extremely good college. In my opinion when your lodging your application write a seperate letter to the visa officer Stating WHY YOU DIDNT USED YOUR UK VISA and this letter must be very Strong, and this should state appealing reasons why you didnt used your UK visa which should make the visa officer feel that there was a concrete reason why you didnt travelled to the UK, more than that in that letter you should explain that THIS WILL NOT happen again in the case with Canada and you will travel there..this letter should be attached alongside a very SOLID STATEMENT OF PURPOSE(SOP), which state why you chosse George brown college as there are other better colleges in canada too.Please note that the letter In which you explain why you Didnt go to UK must be on a different piece of paper please do not combine your letter message in your SOP.....To add more positivity to your visa application get really good IELTS marks as they also impact your visa application significantly..Pray to god that visa officer hear your prayers and good luck.Nobody can predict anyones chances as Canadian visas are given to applicants when the visa officer is sure that your a genuine applicant, the visa officer may also ask you why you do not want to go to uk now..So be prepared And the CHOICE IS STILL YOURS as ou have a uk visa, but if you want to study in Canada than best of luck from me.

hellboy123

Sep 12, 2010
Hi Icecool,

I have a question for you mate.

Hi PMM,

Mate I have a question for you.

If a student has done a one year PG diploma program from a Canadian college and then has got one year work experience in skill level O,A or B via the PGWP, does that person qualify for PR?

I was reading under the Canadain experience class, for a student to get PR, he/she should have done a TWO year education program (and not one) and should have one year of skilled work experience.

So that means that person does not qualify for PR as he/she doesnt have TWO years of education in a Canadian institution.

Is there any other route for that person to get a PR status in Canada.

Your inputs would be valuable.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hellboy123 said:
Hi Icecool,

I have a question for you mate.

Hi PMM,

Mate I have a question for you.

If a student has done a one year PG diploma program from a Canadian college and then has got one year work experience in skill level O,A or B via the PGWP, does that person qualify for PR?

I was reading under the Canadain experience class, for a student to get PR, he/she should have done a TWO year education program (and not one) and should have one year of skilled work experience.

So that means that person does not qualify for PR as he/she doesnt have TWO years of education in a Canadian institution.

Is there any other route for that person to get a PR status in Canada.

Your inputs would be valuable.
Yes, if the PG was considered graduated, with a PG, it may not be considered as a graduate by CIC.

be either:

* a temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or
* a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada

hasnaat

Jul 7, 2010
Multan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Yasir,

If you are really tensed with your present situation ..

Get a new passport and submit it along with your Visa Application.

Make sure, you file a report in your local police station as well as a piece in local newspaper that you lost your passport.

I hope you get my point.