+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply under FSW after entering Canada?

roy100

Mar 10, 2009
I am in a dilemma.

I am planning to go to Canada to start my Master's degree. However, I currently qualify under the new FSW category (my current qualification/experience in under the NOC 38 job lists).

I was wondering whether one could apply under the new FSW category (if one's qualification falls under the NOC 38 job lists) after one enters Canada, say on student or temporary visa.

My main confusion is if I enter Canada, do I have to automatically wait for 1 yr before applying for PR (since this is another category that I could qualify for) or can I submit my application to Sydney office immediately under the FSW category?

I don't want to apply for PR before entering Canada since I am concerned that it might jeopardize my study permit (especially since my main intent is to study, gain some experience and come back home).

Thanks

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
from what i have read, i havent seen anything that will prevent you from applying for fsw1 after you have entered canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply as an FSW1 from anywhere, any time. Only if you want to apply as an FSW3 you need to stay in Canada for a year but why do that if you qualify for FSW1?