+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i apply for student visa? while my family class application is processing

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
Hello everyone

my Family Class PR application is in process my wife sponsored can i apply for student visa cuz its wasting my time i want to study in good institute so i will not have problem in Canada what you people will suggest me?

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
As soon as you are in Canada, you can apply to change status from Visitor to student you have to apply to outside canada, for Buffalo or for the Canadien embassy in your country, however you need an official adimmission from university and a fincial support, you can find more info on the web site www.cic.gc.ca
under change conditions.

thanks

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
Thanks but i have not applied for visitor visa my visa is Spouse family visa which is already in processing and wasting my time one and half year gone already

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
I was mean you are already in canada or outside, if you are in canada what is your status? Visitor or what?

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
Now I can understand more your case, you are in pakistan and your spouse in canada and she sponsor you to come here, that's fine, now you have to wait for the process.

you can apply for student from outside canada and come here to canada like International student, and wait for the PR process to be finish while you are with your spouse.

I thing this a good Idea.

thanks

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
Once American scholarships come to my university when i was student there were some rules that we have to follow if my spouse is Canadian citizen then i cant apply for scholarship i heard that they will not see my career or my waiting all they will see if i will return back or not if someone applies for International student that person should return home back in the point of view of the visa officer but visa officer is sure that guy has wife there and he will never come because he has strong ties with this precious relationship with his wife then he will not give visa he would rather let me apply for the spouse visa that's why i was confused if there any possible way to reach my wife but seems they locked doors of every way and throw the keys in sea....