+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i apply for student permit upon expiry of PGWP

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
Wondeirng If i can apply for Student permit upon expiry of my PGWP.
Thanks for your inputs in advance.

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
thanks for your note. Wondering if i can apply for student permit without leaving Canada? I have already applied for AINP and waiting to hear from them.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U can apply being here itself.

2 options.

Best is online.
2nd is paper application to vegreville in alberta first then seperate application to cio.

Btw why would u like to study paying intl fees.

wait for ainp approval and apply for bowp if ur work permit is not long.

how much time do u hv on ur pgwp

Cheers

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
i already had my pgwp expired last month. Applied for extension but was refused. Currently working but out of status and dont know when I will hear from them for AINP.

in such a case, student permit would be the best option to continue staying in Canada.

Would you be kind to advise me which forms needed to be filled in for?

Thanks.

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
If you are currently out of status and your work permit was refused, your application for a study permit will be refused as well. You may apply for restoration of your status as a worker or visitor within 90 days after your work permit expired. For a work permit restoration you would need an approved LMO which is not easy to get. If you get a visitor status upon restoration, you won't be able to apply for a Study Permit from within Canada.

When you applied for extension of your work permit, did the province of Alberta provide you with a supporting letter allowing to apply for a bridging work permit?

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Extending stay here as a student, visitor etc.

Your employer cant give you lmo ?

If u get an lmo it is easier.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
dmrsoni said:
i already had my pgwp expired last month. Applied for extension but was refused. Currently working but out of status and dont know when I will hear from them for AINP.
You are working illegally. If you continue and are caught, you could face serious problems, such as removal and a ban from Canada.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its not a safe bet to continue this way.

your ainp wont be issued too if you dont have a status.

people with one month work permit are being asked to confirm if employer will support with an lmo on expiry of their pgwp.

If the employer doesnt agree then ainp is being rejected.

Cheers

2014dell

May 29, 2014
Instead of asking expert advice from an attorney, u come here? :eek:

dmrsoni said:

in such a case, student permit would be the best option to continue staying in Canada.

Thanks.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
dmrsoni said:

Thanks.
You are currently working illegally in the country, so if you are caught---bye bye any future immigration benefits

I would advise you to quit and immediately apply for a visitor visa (since it is less than 90 days since your WP expired)