+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for PR without help of any agent?

foreversky

May 26, 2010
Hello

I am software engineer from India having 3 years of experience. I would like to apply for canadian PR and want to settle there.

I want to know how can I apply without help of any agent? Also what eligibility and documents are needed to do so?

How much time it takes to get PR?

I am married and my wife if MPharm.

What are the job opportunities for both of us in CANADA?

Can somebody please guide me and be helpfull?

Thank you! :)

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foreversky said:
Hello

I am software engineer from India having 3 years of experience. I would like to apply for canadian PR and want to settle there.

I want to know how can I apply without help of any agent? Also what eligibility and documents are needed to do so?

How much time it takes to get PR?

I am married and my wife if MPharm.

What are the job opportunities for both of us in CANADA?

Can somebody please guide me and be helpfull?

Thank you! :)
yes you can apply by yourself , all information is provided in CIC website and you can ask questions on this forum anytime and as many time you like. Everyone here is helping each other.

Regards
Saki

foreversky

May 26, 2010
@Saki

Thanx for quick response. Actually I am confused from where to start and how to move ahead... thats why this many question at once. If you can guide further that will be gr8 help.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below is the link to the CIC website, download their application package (forms) fill it and send it to CIC Nova Scotia, Sydney Canada, While filling the forms if you have any question just ask on this forum. In the first stage you need to send these forms only no other documents. CIC will give response in between 8 - 10 weeks wether you qualify or not. If you do then they will give you 120days to send all your documents to your local canadian office.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foreversky said:
@ Saki

Thanx for quick response. Actually I am confused from where to start and how to move ahead... thats why this many question at once. If you can guide further that will be gr8 help.
Thats the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

Cheers
Saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foreversky said:
ok Do i need to clear IELTS General/Academic before applying?
Its is better to do it before as you will clearly know where you are sitting in terms of points. Many applicants apply without IELTS and write high proficiency for their English but when they sit in the IELTS after receiving 1st approval they struggle to get the result they need and they have to withdraw their applications.

Cheers
Saki

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saki said:
Its is better to do it before as you will clearly know where you are sitting in terms of points. Many applicants apply without IELTS and write high proficiency for their English but when they sit in the IELTS after receiving 1st approval they struggle to get the result they need and they have to withdraw their applications.

Cheers
Saki
right saki, I dont know about this IELTS that we can go for before apply, my consultant told me once you get AOR then sit for IELTS now I am under pressure and I have to clear atleast 16points covered level. but not possible in some days and even in the 120 days notice there are no more dates available for IELTS GT exams too. I have now only 1chance left and I must have to score for the 16points level bands.
OMM

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foreversky said:
@ saki @ omm

how much minimum band should i get in IELTS to get 16 or the highest points?
Here is the link to help you with the points for language

http://www.workpermit.com/canada/individual/skilled.htm#Factor 2

Cheers
Saki

foreversky

May 26, 2010
@saki

you are best and very quick! Thanx for the guidence without charging anything!

Should I go for general IELTS or Academic? Also my wife wants to do job as pharmacist in there. How should we proceed for her? I mean which exams?

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foreversky said:
@ saki

you are best and very quick! Thanx for the guidence without charging anything!

Should I go for general IELTS or Academic? Also my wife wants to do job as pharmacist in there. How should we proceed for her? I mean which exams?
Does not matter if its Academic or General BUT its easy to score points in General. CIC accept both academic and general.
Well all the immigrants who move to Canada start their life from the scratch so its better to do exams and courses once you are in Canada otherwise it will be useless and waste of money because that will be nothing in the eyes of canadian employers.

Cheers

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foreversky said:
@ saki @ omm

how much minimum band should i get in IELTS to get 16 or the highest points?
if you want to score 16 points for language with IELTS this should be the band must you have to got it.
L: 7.5
R: 6.5
W: 6.5
S: 6.5
you will get complete 16 points if you get above bands in GT IELTS.
OMM

S.M.FARHAN

Star Member
May 18, 2010
karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2009
Doc's Request.
20-08-2009
File Transfer...
YES U CAN IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL PARTY ;)................GO AND CHECK THE FAMILY STREAM..... :p

Nari

Aug 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 June 2009
Doc's Request.
01 Sept 2009