+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for MBA in Canada? pls advise

faridoonnoori

Nov 27, 2010
hi, i am from afghanistan, and i earned my bachelor of science (in IT) from India. now, i am working in united nations in afghanistan as a liaison officer.

can i apply for MBA in canada? (i heard that they need 4-year bachelor's, but i have a 3-year degree).
and is it advised to pursue a PG course that is different from my bachelor's? (i have done BSc in Information Technology, but i would like to pursue MBA)
and what are the job prospects for MBA in Canada?

thanks, and your advice is appreciated

hasnaat

Jul 7, 2010
Multan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Farid.

Mate, for an MBA degree you must secure at least 2 years of work experience in the relevant field.
And IELT score of 7.5 and in some cases 7 with no module less than 6.5

You must hold quite handsome financial position as an MBA degree in CAD is quite expensive.

Of course there are better prospects after you complete your degree and to get a good job.

All the best:)

faridoonnoori

Nov 27, 2010
thanks asnaat!
but the point is that i have 2 years of work experience before my graduation, and 1 year (will be completed by the time i apply). will my experience before graduation count??

and can you give me any other suggestions? what other course can be good? what if i choose some postgraduate diploma (2 years) in management or business administration?

hasnaat

Jul 7, 2010
Multan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bro,

Let me tell you at the end of the day , it is your knowledge and Experience which helps you to secure a good job there.

On paper, an MBA and a PGD never matches ......but like MBA a 2 year PGD will also give you a 3 years postgraduate work permit to work full time in CAD.

for more details. you can check with the university of your choice.

All the best:)

danishali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Dude sorry to inform you but in my opinion 3 years BS degree dost not count. I would advice yout o contact the university in Canada for more info

Ajoy.K

Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If u have the three year degree from india, then you cant apply for a masters from a university in canada...they are very finiky about the 16yrs of education stuff. you will only have a total of 15 yrs.
You can however apply for the P.G courses in management from the colleges here,most of them will accept you even with your 15yrs.
As far as i know, the work experience will not help cover the 1 yr shortage in education.