+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i apply for both PNP and Express Entry

kakeda

Mar 10, 2015
I recently got the PNP nomination, since the processing times are really high(17 months),i am wondering if i can still apply for immigration under the Express Entry Program?. Can i submit both applications simultaneously? and try to immigrate under 2 different programs?

For all, this is the AINP and not eligible for 600 points under the EE program.

Any advice, suggestions, help would be much appreciated.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Yes you can have both. But you will also be responsible for fees on both applications.

Realistically, you will have your paper PNP in process, while have a EE profile in place. If you get ITA in the EE side, you will decide whether to cancel the PNP and go with EE, or decline ITA and keep PNP (Base on the timelines and such).

Reactions: Vianditya

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
mf4361 said:
Yes you can have both. But you will also be responsible for fees on both applications.

Realistically, you will have your paper PNP in process, while have a EE profile in place. If you get ITA in the EE side, you will decide whether to cancel the PNP and go with EE, or decline ITA and keep PNP (Base on the timelines and such).
Can we not decide it after we get the passport request?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
curious_123 said:
Can we not decide it after we get the passport request?
Yes you can. I had 2 applications processing side by side. I submitted application for withdrawn of another application after completing my landing.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does it apply to Quebec and EE simultaneously?
Doesn't have any problem?

kakeda

Mar 10, 2015
When i said both applications simultaneously, i meant i applied to federal via the AINP nomination. Can i apply through the ITA received through EE and apply to the federal government at the same time and once receive the AOR retrieve the PNP federal application.

attaboy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06-08-2016
mf4361 said:

I have applied for CIC EE and SINP EE. If nominated for SINP I'll get 600 points and will get an ITA, and does it mean I will have to accept SINP and settle in Saskatchewan. or wait in CIC to get ITA based on my CRS points ?

kakeda

Mar 10, 2015
If you get SINP then yes you will have to settle in Sask. If through CIC EE, then the provinces where you specified in your application.

One of the senior members please confirm.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kakeda said:
If you get SINP then yes you will have to settle in Sask. If through CIC EE, then the provinces where you specified in your application.

One of the senior members please confirm.
If you are going through CEC-EE, you can settle anywhere in Canada except Quebec.

If you are going through PNP, there might be extra constraint to how long you have to stay in the province.

CocoLime

Feb 6, 2016
Yes you can. I had 2 applications processing side by side. I submitted application for withdrawn of another application after completing my landing.
Hey, I have the same question whether I could have both AINP and EE profile created in parallel. I have been reading, there is quite a lot of people in the same situation as me. I created another account for EE today and will take my IELTS in January.

I am just wondering if you ended up getting your PR through EE?

Thanks a bunch!

shivaniverma_88

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
I have same concern. I got OINP Invite for Master's Graduate under non Express Entry. I will be eligible for EE CEC in May 2023. Can I apply for PR under non-EE PNP now and then go for EE later in May 2023?