+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for a new work permit when I get to Canada?

subsub

Mar 18, 2009
I was recently approved for a work permit for me and my husband. My work permit has the name of the company that I am going to work for and my husband has an open permit. The company just called me and said that they do not have any job openings available now, just before I was about to come there. Can my husband still get his work permit when we enter Canada or will they deny it because I can not use mine. Also, what happens when you get to the port of entry to get your work permit? Will they contact the company to verify again about the employment with them? Can someone shed some light on this situation for me? Thank you

I

ImmOfficer

Both permits will be denied and you will be put on the next available flight back.

Your husbands Work Permit is only granted because you are a skilled worker. If you dont have a job then you are no longer skilled, you are unemployed. Both permits must be denied.

Sort out your problems and then re-apply. If you end up with an enforcement action on your history, you will have a much tougher time in the future.