+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply? Eligible to Work full time & Study Part time?

salmansc

Dec 18, 2010
I am a B.Commerce student at McGill University and will graduate in April, 2011

I want to do my CA school from McGill too and this program starts in May 2011. It is a a 1 year program which REQUIRES that you MUST be employed full time (I already have a job offer in the Accounting Profession) and be studying part time.

Is it possible to study part time and work full time if I send my application for immigration in May 2011.
Is it possible to study part time and work full if I apply for a Post-Grad workpermit.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

G

gte439u

In which immigration category do you plan to apply?

You may require a work permit and a study permit if you are attending school and working at the same time. I had both study and work permits until I became a Permanent Resident.

salmansc

Dec 18, 2010
I am not how to go about it exactly. But my primary concern right now is to be able to Work Full time from September 2011 onwards while being able to attend school (CA School) Part-time. I could apply for a Post-Grad work permit as I will be completing my B.Commerce in April 2011. Or I can apply for the Immigration under the Skilled worker category. As I mentioned though, my concern is basically to be able to continue studies and work simultaneously.

I believe that the Post-Grad Work Permit takes less time and is guaranteed if you finish your B.Comm in Canada. But under this permit am I eligible to apply for a study permit? Study part-time? Is there any chance that I may be rejected a study permit? How does it work...

If I apply as a Skilled worker, how long would that process take to complete. And when should I be applying for that ideally?
And during the time when I have applied, what will be my status in Canada?

salmansc

Dec 18, 2010
Anyone with any ideas?

Question:
I am a student at McGill University and finish BCommerce in May 2011
I will get my acceptance for MBA (CA School) in February 2011 at McGill too. I will start full time work in September 2011.

Can I apply for CAQ n Study Permit in February when I receive my acceptance and then apply for post-grad work permit in May 2011?
Is that possible? Will both my applications be accepted?