+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i apply as a montessori directress?

nunu

Jun 27, 2009
hello to all!
i am expected to reach canada in mid august so please suggest me may i apply for job as a montessori directress in different schools of canada (mainly inToronto) rightnow by sending my resume through mails ,will they consider me for the post?
i have done my masters and then acquired montessori teachers training diploma from AMI which is recognised through out the world.moreover i havebeen working in the same feild for quite a long time.

nunu

Jun 27, 2009
is my question too tough to be answered by anyone?
plz i need advice..........................
regards

irishrover

Feb 11, 2010
The Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-8-2009
Doc's Request.
25-9-2009
AOR Received.
02-12-2009
Med's Request
18-03-2010
I think maybe the language requirements for a position in education might be a little higher than the level indicated by your post. I'm sure you're working on your English.... are you getting your applications checked by a native English speaker? Language mistakes are a one way ticket to the little round filing cabinet, even when you're applying for a job in your native language.

After you land, you could try working as a volunteer in a Montessori school for a bit. This will give you references and "Canadian experience". After that a paid teaching job would be the next step. After that.....? Maybe you want to set up your own school!

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
I would also suggest you check how Canadian authorities determine your qualifications.
I am familiar with AMI and I know it is a well known associateship.
Issue is whether Canada recognizes it as such.
However, I would go with the suggestion given by irish above and anticipate a voluntary position at least in the very beginning - parhps a few months.
Do not feel too alarmed about this idea, its part of the process of settling in.
I know of a very enterprising lady who had a simialr background as you in the US who actually had to take up a course, which was howeever paid for by the school she volunteered in.She runs her own day care center now!!
We may well see you runnning your own school sooner than you think!!
Best wishes.