+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add my wife to my PR application while she is in study permit(we both are in Canada)

Sherin.paul94

Apr 11, 2021
I am applying through PNP program and I am wandering there is any issues to add my wife to the application when she is in school. Do I have to submit any additional documents if I am adding my wife to the application.?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I am applying through PNP program and I am wandering there is any issues to add my wife to the application when she is in school. Do I have to submit any additional documents if I am adding my wife to the application.?
You can add her. You will need to add your marriage certificate and probably her immigration docs showing she is legally in Canada. Which PNP program? The checklist will show you the documents you need

Sherin.paul94

Apr 11, 2021
Thanks for the response. we are under Nova Scotia Provincial nominee program. The other confusion I have is does she need to shoe any funds since she is a student ? I am providing my pay stub and employment records.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Thanks for the response. we are under Nova Scotia Provincial nominee program. The other confusion I have is does she need to shoe any funds since she is a student ? I am providing my pay stub and employment records.
You need to check whether NS requires POF for their PNP process. For EE, you the principal applicant needs to show funds as per your family size.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html