+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add my spouse

Jaspreet2611

Aug 8, 2019
Dear Members

I created my Express entry profile without my spouse and got the nomination from Ontario after that I received the ITA and submitted my file to IRCC on Sep 27th. I have done with medical and biometrics and waiting for the passport request.

My question is can I add my spouse and two children to my file at this point of time. I have already submitted all relevant documents of my family to IRCC. I mentioned in my file that my spouse and children are not accompanying me to Canada. But now circumstances have changed and I want them to come along with me. Is there any way or possiblity of it. If yes pls guide me the procedure.

Shall appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

Reactions: jetender01

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear Members

I created my Express entry profile without my spouse and got the nomination from Ontario after that I received the ITA and submitted my file to IRCC on Sep 27th. I have done with medical and biometrics and waiting for the passport request.

My question is can I add my spouse and two children to my file at this point of time. I have already submitted all relevant documents of my family to IRCC. I mentioned in my file that my spouse and children are not accompanying me to Canada. But now circumstances have changed and I want them to come along with me. Is there any way or possiblity of it. If yes pls guide me the procedure.

Shall appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Thanks
I'm assuming you meant that you included your family as non-accompanying, not that you applied without them.

If you change your spouse to accompanying, your points will be recalculated. Would you have sufficient points to still meet the ITA cut-off if your spouse is accompanying?

Jaspreet2611

Aug 8, 2019
I'm assuming you meant that you included your family as non-accompanying, not that you applied without them.

If you change your spouse to accompanying, your points will be recalculated. Would you have sufficient points to still meet the ITA cut-off if your spouse is accompanying?
Thanks for replying.. actually I got 600 points from PNP nomination. Before that my CRS was 445 without including spouse. Including spouse it was 436. When I got nomination from Ontario there cut off was 439 for that invitation. Luckily I got invitation as mine was 445 without including spouse. I hope this will portrait the clear picture. Now pls suggest how it would be calculated and is there any scope

ashutosh81

Jun 28, 2019
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello Jaspreet , I have the same situation , I got a NOi-PNP on 15th Jan 2020 and my score without non-accompanying spouse is 462. I got NOI now for Does OINP also calculates the points again ? can i include my spouse as accompanying or will they reject my application ?

PreetKaur1

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for replying.. actually I got 600 points from PNP nomination. Before that my CRS was 445 without including spouse. Including spouse it was 436. When I got nomination from Ontario there cut off was 439 for that invitation. Luckily I got invitation as mine was 445 without including spouse. I hope this will portrait the clear picture. Now pls suggest how it would be calculated and is there any scope
Could you please provide updates on this? How did it go for you? Did you add your family?

jetender01

Mar 15, 2021
Dear All,

I have the similar case as above, I have received the ITA as spouse not accompanying, and now I am thinking of adding my wife in my application before submiting e-APR.

I received the nomination from Ontario as spouse not accompanying, so after the nomnation my crs became 1065 and the cut-off of the draw in which I got the ITA was 711.

If I add my spouse as accompanying, the re-evaluated scores becomes 1045, meaning above the minimum cut-off.

Therefore, kindly assist me whether I should add my spouse or not? Thank you.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Dear All,

I have the similar case as above, I have received the ITA as spouse not accompanying, and now I am thinking of adding my wife in my application before submiting e-APR.

I received the nomination from Ontario as spouse not accompanying, so after the nomnation my crs became 1065 and the cut-off of the draw in which I got the ITA was 711.

If I add my spouse as accompanying, the re-evaluated scores becomes 1045, meaning above the minimum cut-off.

Therefore, kindly assist me whether I should add my spouse or not? Thank you.
If your CRS is still above the cut off, you can go ahead and add your spouse.
Fill all the PR details mentioning wife as accompanying and mention in LOE that you decided to add your spouse - with reason.
Include spouse docs while submitting for AOR - PCC, Medical

Last edited:

jetender01

Mar 15, 2021
If your CRS is still above the cut off, you can go ahead and add your spouse.
Fill all the PR details mentioning wife as accompanying and mention in LOE that you decided to add your spouse - with reason.
Include spouse docs while submitting for AOR - PCC, Medical
Thank you dear for the response. I have all the documents of my wife ready with me.

One more question, do you know someone who has a similar case and added a spouse and became successful?

Thank you.

gshin89

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
Thank you dear for the response. I have all the documents of my wife ready with me.

One more question, do you know someone who has a similar case and added a spouse and became successful?

Thank you.
Perhaps you should ask immigration directly through webform or calling them to be sure! If you could report here your process, would be great as many others are in similar situation

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Perhaps you should ask immigration directly through webform or calling them to be sure! If you could report here your process, would be great as many others are in similar situation
There are people who have done that. A search here on the forum would give the necessary details.
As for the webform, I am not sure it is possible to link your query to the application before submiting them.