+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add my spouse in the EE profile after ITA received

Richika

Nov 17, 2017
Hi
I have a question regarding adding my spouse later when ITA is received, if I apply for single as of now(married) and then later on I receive my ITA and add my husband, would it be fine to go ahead. I am not able to add my spouse at this time because of my spouse's WES not prepared. Although IELTS is done and we are sure of our score before adding my spouse (applying single but married) and after adding my spouse. I mean with adding my spouse later with WES and IELTS both our points increase by 2 points. So please help me with my query
Any update on this query, would like to know the current situation

Mahesh S

Nov 17, 2018
I am in exact same situation.
Appreciate if someone could throw some lights here.
Can we add spouse details post we receive ITA?
Someone has said we can add but spouse's IELTS & ECA should be of date before the ITA date.. I couldn't find any official reference to this statement and hence wondering if someone was in same situation and how did they tackle with this?

Mahesh S

Nov 17, 2018
Hello Sir,

I got ITA on 19 April 2017 as a single applicant then I got married on 21 April 2017 and my wife did Education evaluation and English test after that so English test result date is 20 April 2017 and Education Evaluation report date is 25 April 2017 Now my question is her Education evaluation date and IELTS result date is after ITA date so does it count for re-calculating score??

Becuase If I count this both then recalculating score going higher than that ITA cut off otherwise it is going lower. I also called many times to CIC call center they also can't able to answer that and ask me to submit my question here. it is very critical because I am not able to make a decision that shall I decline or go ahead with ITA.

So in conclusion, in this, my given scenario will express entry on submitting my ITA will count my wife's Education evaluation and English test result point on recalculating my score.

Thanks in advance for your time..!
How did you proceed here?
Do you have any positive news?

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Any update on this query, would like to know the current situation
Hi
I am not sure about this but I can share what we did is waited for my spouse wes and then applied as main applicant and dependent together in one application.