+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can high BMI be a factor in application rejection?

sundays

Apr 20, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-07-2018
Hi! I've applied for FSW and received my AOR today (July 19th). I have a high BMI (slightly obese), but do not have any other medical conditions such as diabetes. Is this likely to be a cause of a possible rejection of my application?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hi! I've applied for FSW and received my AOR today (July 19th). I have a high BMI (slightly obese), but do not have any other medical conditions such as diabetes. Is this likely to be a cause of a possible rejection of my application?
oh man that's funny ! lol.
no i dont think you could get rejected for being overweight. if it makes you feel any better, people with diabetes get a PR, so you're far better than that being just slightly obese to put it in your words.
but i mean you really did make me LOL with that question!

good luck with your application anyways !

Reactions: sundays

sundays

Apr 20, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-07-2018
oh man that's funny ! lol.
no i dont think you could get rejected for being overweight. if it makes you feel any better, people with diabetes get a PR, so you're far better than that being just slightly obese to put it in your words.
but i mean you really did make me LOL with that question!

good luck with your application anyways !
ahh thank you! I'm glad this made you laugh, lol, but I was genuinely worried about whether the high BMI would let me pass my medicals.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
ahh thank you! I'm glad this made you laugh, lol, but I was genuinely worried about whether the high BMI would let me pass my medicals.
besides BMI is a terrible measure dude. I mean two people of the same height and same weight will be of the same BMI but the way they look can be completely different in terms of body composition. So no dont worry about it at all ! :)

Reactions: northern sunshine

Lollypops

Feb 25, 2022
I am working on my immigration and I was worried about the same thing. I am from the states and my BMI is high. I am married to an Canadian for over six months and been with him for over 5 years and I decided to get covered with health insurance from Cigna Global Health Plans and was denied because of my weight and was told when I drop off weight and have a better BMI to call them back. Needless to say I was offend. :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am working on my immigration and I was worried about the same thing. I am from the states and my BMI is high. I am married to an Canadian for over six months and been with him for over 5 years and I decided to get covered with health insurance from Cigna Global Health Plans and was denied because of my weight and was told when I drop off weight and have a better BMI to call them back. Needless to say I was offend. :(
Your immigration application won't be refused for this reason. I'm assuming your Canadian partner is sponsoring you for PR.

Lollypops

Feb 25, 2022
Yes he is. We have looked over all our options. I do not want to become a citizen because I want to keep my US citizenship because I am 60 years old and want to keep my benefits for when I retire And after reading over all the paper work I am assuming the Family Class Act. is the best option for us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes he is. We have looked over all our options. I do not want to become a citizen because I want to keep my US citizenship because I am 60 years old and want to keep my benefits for when I retire And after reading over all the paper work I am assuming the Family Class Act. is the best option for us.
Family Sponsorship / spousal sponsorship is most likely your only option given your age.

You don't lose US citizenship by becoming a Canadian citizen. You can be a dual citizen.