+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can go to home country without receiving PR cards!

Nov 18, 2012
Hello!

Can we go to Canada after getting visa and then exit without getting the PR. Actually can’t stay for more than a month due to current job but issuance of PR process takes around 60 days.
PR cards would be received at the relative’s address which I would have given at the time of first lading and then that relative would send it through courier to my country.

Will it be fine?

Further, the visa which has been affixed on my passport states: “No. of Entries: one”. Does it mean that I can only enter once in Canada on my passport but can’t leave on same passport or visa and I would certainly have to have PR in order to leave Canada after 30 days?

Regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your plan will work out fine and many people do the same thing. Your PR visa in your passport says that it is good for one entry. That doesn't mean that you can't leave. You just can't use the PR visa to re-enter.

Worst case scenario, if something goes wrong with your PR card and you never get it, you do not have to worry because you can apply for a PR travel document at a Canadian embassy that would be good for one entry again so you could return to Canada and apply for a replacement PR card if yours never arrived or was lost on the way.

fisharif

Jan 14, 2011
Actually yes ... in case yr PR Card is sent to yr relative and he send it to y by corrier ...
it happened with me .. i left canada after landing in one month, i called the CIC after verifing my name with them ... they say yes y can leave canada with reciving yr PR Cards ... and clearly mentioned that i have to apply fro Temporary travel Doc to get back from a candian Embassy where i live

what happens .. all the family had recived their PR (send to us by Courrier via my relative who had recived them by mail) except my son who was 21 years old ...
they send a request after 3 months saying that the photo do not meet requirment ( i think they mad that with intention to verfiy who is staying in canada) despite i had called them and asked them offically that i need to leave prior to the PR Cards ... those pepole work separately

what happend he applied fro TRD (tempoaray travel Doc) from the emabbasy and book a tivket to canda

the emabssy tooks 30 days to verfiy ... the asked so many Q's and requested many Doc's .. finally the shift the case to an investigation ... whethere we are in canada or abroad

it was non sensence ... the immigration law (OP 10) allow y to stay out side canada 3 years even if y leave after the day y land
the important that y maintain a residency (accumulated) of 2 Years to enable y to renew yr PRC

what happens they refused the TRAVEL APPLICATIONS ... cakiming that he did not meet the residency requirments ... (they do not read the law as required rather that deal with case as it is ... they shift to investigation

he lost the air ticket and Appliead for an Apeal to Immigration Apeal Division ... they had requested many details back and forth and it takes 1 1/2 year to ge a a final decision ... we win the appeal ... my son win the appeal and the decsion made by the immigration officer was false ... simply he do not read ... most of them are the same
based on the appeal decision the emabassy issued the the Tempoaray visa on his passport (with no appology) he went to canada and produce his PR card .. the immigration wetends his residency period from day of issuing his PR Card

if y have a chance to stay in canada more than month it is better .. the PR cards will take alomst 6 weeks if not you have to take the risk

Best wishes

fisharif

Jan 14, 2011
Sorry; there are spelling mistakes, in my prevoius message

you may download OP 10 (Permanent Residency Staus Determinaton) from CIC web site .. you will see clearly yr rights

regards