+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can flagged be removed and does it affect citizenship application?

teufechen

Jan 13, 2019
Hello
I'm going to start my citizenship application next year (2020), I have done everything properly and had no issues with immigration on any country.
However the last 4 times I came back from vacation I was sent to secondary screening on the canadian border, just recently an agent told me the reason; a foreign worker that used to work for the same company as freelancer tried to enter canada using my name as his contact, no one from immigration ever contacted me about it and now it seems that i have been flagged by ottawa for this.
I'm not in charge of hiring, payments, lawyers etc. (I interview and provide my opinion but hr does everything else). I was not aware of this person trying to come to Canada and talking to the company hr department they were also not aware of it.
What can I do to remove this flag and will it affect my citizenship application?
thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
These flags tend to be extremely difficult to remove. I would recommend that you hire an experienced immigration lawyer to assist you. This shouldn't have an impact on your citizenship application.

Reactions: Saznuck8

Saznuck8

Star Member
Jun 22, 2024
These flags tend to be extremely difficult to remove. I would recommend that you hire an experienced immigration lawyer to assist you. This shouldn't have an impact on your citizenship application.
Guys I got notes from CBSA but there is a note from office is not clear and I don’t understand it the rest of them are pretty understandable
Office :- Gatineau- COI-RTD
Text:- HIGH PROFILE CASE
Action:- Flagged to CSG
Resolution: will not be flagged to MINO. Does not meet HP criteria case completed. DK****/Name

what does that mean?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Guys I got notes from CBSA but there is a note from office is not clear and I don’t understand it the rest of them are pretty understandable
Resolution: will not be flagged to MINO. Does not meet HP criteria case completed. DK****/Name

what does that mean?
You probably have a better idea of why it was referred to as a high profile case than anyone here could guess at - at least without further info.

I believe MINO is minister's office, and later was 'resolved' as deciding it was not a high profile case as did not meet criteria. (Any resolution if any is likely elsewhere in the file)

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Saznuck8

Star Member
Jun 22, 2024
100% i know why they referred this this democracy of Canada like seriously!!!
Just because I support Palestine if that reason is it I guess so
High-Profile, Sensitive and/or Contentious Cases
  • Cases may be high-profile or sensitive because they involve foreign dignitaries with complicated political affiliations or celebrities with criminal backgrounds, among others.
    • These include cases that come to the attention of the Minister or Members of Parliament from constituents and individuals who have gone to the media.
  • Most cases are managed by officials, including providing up to date information about departmental procedures and case status, responding to media and engaging with the concerned public and expediting outstanding decisions, when appropriate.
  • Proactive briefs on high profile cases are sent regularly to the Minister’s Office and the Assistant Deputy Minister of Operations’ Office by Departmental officials.

Saznuck8

Star Member
Jun 22, 2024
That's still very little information. At any rate, I don't think that having a 'high profile' app on its own is positive or negative - context matters.
This the context I post here got it from CBSA ATIP NOTES here it’s