+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can europe biometric affect PR in canada?

Toronto316

Jun 9, 2017
Hello to all
I have a question regarding if someone who entered a europe country like Italy, and stayed in the country as an asylum seeker for which he has to give biometric info including the fingerprint of the Europian Union, but not stay in the country for more than a month after taking the fingerprint, the question is if that person entered canada and claim refugee status, can that fingerprint from the Europian Union affect his quest for PR in Canada?
thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello to all
I have a question regarding if someone who entered a europe country like Italy, and stayed in the country as an asylum seeker for which he has to give biometric info including the fingerprint of the Europian Union, but not stay in the country for more than a month after taking the fingerprint, the question is if that person entered canada and claim refugee status, can that fingerprint from the Europian Union affect his quest for PR in Canada?
thanks in advance.
Your question isn't entirely clear. That person will have to declare their immigration history in Europe when they claim asylum in Canada and let Canada know they claimed asylum elsewhere. If they fail to declare this, it will be discovered in background checks. Is that what you're asking?

Reactions: Toronto316

Toronto316

Jun 9, 2017
Your question isn't entirely clear. That person will have to declare their immigration history in Europe when they claim asylum in Canada and let Canada know they claimed asylum elsewhere. If they fail to declare this, it will be discovered in background checks. Is that what you're asking?
thank you, off course that person will declare that he or she got the Europian union fingerprint but is it going to affect his PR status in Canada or be deported to Italy even if he got a legitimate case?

Toronto316

Jun 9, 2017
That is called asylum shopping. Given your asylum claim it will be very difficult to get to Canada.
I have been asked by several people about this let's say that person got TRV to Canada , the only question that I want an answer for is that if the European Union asylum claim can have effect on his asylum claim and PR in Canada?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Yes it can. If you are coming from a country that you already have (or are in the process of receiving) protection, then you are not a genuine refugee and don’t need the protection of Canada. You are coming from a safe country. It would be viewed as assylum shopping.

Section E of Article 1 of the Convention provides as follows:
This Convention shall not apply to a person who is recognized by the competent authorities of the country in which he has taken residence as having the rights and obligations which are attached to the possession of the nationality of that country.
if he got a legitimate case?
They don’t have a legitimate claim if they are coming from a “deemed safe” country. They no longer need protection if they have a claim in that country and are no longer a refugee. Those would be countries on the designated country of origin list (essentially countries that don’t produce refugees).

Although once you have status in Europe as a refugee, that wouldn’t hamper you from applying for immigration to Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toronto316

Toronto316

Jun 9, 2017
Yes it can. If you are coming from a country that you already have (or are in the process of receiving) protection, then you are not a genuine refugee and don’t need the protection of Canada. You are coming from a safe country. It would be viewed as assylum shopping.

They don’t have a legitimate claim if they are coming from a “deemed safe” country. They no longer need protection if they have a claim in that country and are no longer a refugee. Those would be countries on the designated country of origin list (essentially countries that don’t produce refugees).

Although once you have status in Europe as a refugee, that wouldn’t hamper you from applying for immigration to Canada.
Ok thank you for your answers all I'm grateful

live&love

Apr 25, 2018

What about if someone is seeking protection from Croatia, but they have denied him? Went to Germany to seek protection, they did not process his file and returned him back to Croatia because of the Union fingerprint. Applied AGAIN in Croatia, they denied him for the second time. Not because he doesn't fit the refugee definition, but cuz Croatian government doesn't want refugees in their country. This person is my brother, he has no right to work or move freely in the country and he is only fed some food to keep him alive. No rights whatsoever. At anytime, they might tell him to leave the country even though he has no where to go at all. Do you think he would be eligible if i try to sponsor him under group of five to come to Canada?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let me answer it with following. Canada is now in transitory period where fingerprints or biometric passport will be required for any temporary visa. So with that said, one of the things they will do (why else to ask for fingerprints, is to run it against different databases. That way they will see if you do not have a criminal record in Canada, USA (meaning that you are a requested criminal) and of course if you did not try to claim refuge by any of Canadian allies (and EU is one of them).
So simply said, you will just be denied TRV visa to begin with. End of story.

Your best chance is to deal with the case in Croatia and appeal against if you have a strong enough case. Another option is to return to your home country and try an economic emigration stream this time.

As for countries not wanting refugees. Croatia just like Germany recognizes conventional refugees and just like in Canada you would have to prove that you are a genuine refuge. And unlike in Canada, in Croatia you can even use EU legal system (of course if your case is strong enough).
Of course the average salary in Croatia is lower than in Germany.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
My brother got to know a Syrian refugee with him in camp, his situation is the same as my brother's. The only difference is that the Syrian guy lived in Germany for 2.5 years then was sent back to Croatia cuz of the Union fingerprint two months ago. He applied for refugee protection in Croatia and still waiting for his claim.

At the same time, he has a Group of Five sponsorship application in process here in Canada. He was approved and is only waiting for medical and background check to be done to come to Canada.

How come the Canadian Immigration office approved him even though he comes from safe country like Croatia.

Getting back to your response, my brother has done nothing bad or was ever dishonest with the whole process everywhere he's been to, so even if they get his fingerprints and do a background chech on him, they would find nothing and would be admissible to Canada.

The case in Croatia is very difficult to deal with because they are not accepting refugees and statistics prove that in the past couple of years. There is no wat he can return to Iraq cuz he'll be killed right away and at the same time, there is a big chance Croatia will ask him to leave the country. IT IS SO SAD AND I FEEL MISERABLE CUZ I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO HELP HIM!!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
How come the Canadian Immigration office approved him even though he comes from safe country like Croatia.
If, based on what you have said, Article E of the convention hasn’t been met in Croatia. That would be why his sponsorship has been accepted.

Note that until he receives his visa to come to Canada, he has not been accepted, only his/ your application has been accepted.