+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Canadian citizen who formerly were refugee go back home?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My loyalty is to Canada and will always stay that way. It’s just for pragmatic reasons and for all the properties and assets that my family owned. That country don’t deserve a nickel from me and shouldn’t take any of my belongings in the future.
You can keep your original citizenship. Just keep in mind that if you run into any issues while in your home country, Canada may be unable to help you.

Reactions: Amrou5789

Amrou5789

Dec 15, 2023
Why in gods name would you EVEN consider that ?

You FLED that country ?
You basically said THAT country couldn’t give you protection
And you are asking that question ?
[/QUOTE

Technically they might strip it away since I didn’t inform them or asked for their permission. But regardless I’d like to keep it. Governments and societies change. My feud with the government and its people doesn’t imply that I have to give it up away. I’m entitled to it . I spent over a decade in Canada and gave up so much because of my convictions and values that I live by, yet that doesn’t mean that shitty ass country home country has the right to revoke my citizenship.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Technically they might strip it away since I didn’t inform them or asked for their permission. But regardless I’d like to keep it. Governments and societies change. My feud with the government and its people doesn’t imply that I have to give it up away. I’m entitled to it . I spent over a decade in Canada and gave up so much because of my convictions and values that I live by, yet that doesn’t mean that shitty ass country home country has the right to revoke my citizenship.
If a sovereign country's charter prohibits dual citizenship, then the government has the right to revoke one's citizenship if that individual acquired another citizenship. "Dura lex, sed lex".