+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can anyone give me an advice, PLEASE?

Erseenvi

Feb 11, 2020
Hi guys,

I applied for CEC Express Entry in March 2020 and received my COPR in October 2020. But I wasn't in Canada, and they asked me if I'm in Canada or not, and I told them I'm not but I'll be. So IRCC told me that I should let them know when I'm ready to come. I couldn't travel because of COVID for a while but then I emailed them that I'm ready to settle but my COPR was expired. The website says that IRCC contacts everyone and asks them if they are willing to come or not. But nobody emailed me. I've been sending webform since October 2021, but they keep saying that my application is under review by the Ottawa office.

Guys, here is my question:

I'm literary thinking reapplication, as it's impossible to contact them and it's not certain that they will allow me to come to Canada. In the meantime, I got married. I was thinking to bring my wife with a temporary visa and make the inland application for her. But if I'm going to apply again our CRS is lower to 444. It was around 480 when I first applied.
So can anyone give an advice about what I should do? Please share your comments, I need some advice.

Thank you, have a wonderful day all!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

I applied for CEC Express Entry in March 2020 and received my COPR in October 2020. But I wasn't in Canada, and they asked me if I'm in Canada or not, and I told them I'm not but I'll be. So IRCC told me that I should let them know when I'm ready to come. I couldn't travel because of COVID for a while but then I emailed them that I'm ready to settle but my COPR was expired. The website says that IRCC contacts everyone and asks them if they are willing to come or not. But nobody emailed me. I've been sending webform since October 2021, but they keep saying that my application is under review by the Ottawa office.

Guys, here is my question:

I'm literary thinking reapplication, as it's impossible to contact them and it's not certain that they will allow me to come to Canada. In the meantime, I got married. I was thinking to bring my wife with a temporary visa and make the inland application for her. But if I'm going to apply again our CRS is lower to 444. It was around 480 when I first applied.
So can anyone give an advice about what I should do? Please share your comments, I need some advice.

Thank you, have a wonderful day all!
Have you let IRCC know that you got married and have you added your wife to your application? You need to do that before landing. If you haven't let them know, I would do that now. She will need to complete a medical and other paperwork (e.g PCC) in order to be added to your application. You can add her as an accompanying dependent which means when you get a new COPR, she will as well and will be able to travel with you to Canada.

Reapplying is a bad idea. There have been no CEC draws since September 2021 and we do not know if / when they will restart. When they do restart, it is expected that scores will be very high, especially if IRCC conducts combined draws together with FSW applicants (i.e. general draws).

Stick with your current application. Notify IRCC that you have gotten married and go through the process of adding your new spouse to your application.

Erseenvi

Feb 11, 2020
Thank you for your reply. Do you think it's normal that it takes so long for them to get back to me? I am afraid of adding my wife to my application will make the process way longer. Therefore I thought that we can submit an inland application when she can come.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply. Do you think it's normal that it takes so long for them to get back to me? I am afraid of adding my wife to my application will make the process way longer. Therefore I thought that we can submit an inland application when she can come.
You can't do that. It is mandatory that you add your wife to your application. If you fail to add your wife to your application now and land as a single applicant, that is misrepresentation. You will never be able to sponsor your wife in the future if you do that. Again, you MUST add your spouse to your current application.

Gurmeetsp

Mar 30, 2022
Will WES give me master's equivalency of my below mentioned degrees? Anyone please reply me urgently who has complete knowledge.
1. Bachelor of Arts (3years)
2. MBA in finance (2years)
3. MA in punjabi (2years)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OK thanks. So how do I make the update on my file? Should I contact them via webfrom?

Thank you!
You can find a thread here that discusses adding a spouse to your application. It will take several months for IRCC to complete their review of your spouse's part of the application. So unfortunately you should expect further delays.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adding-spouse-to-pr-application-post-aor-please-join-here.613286/page-37