+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can an Overseas Pakistani living in middle east apply for the SDS stream for Post Graduation

May 24, 2024
Hi,

I live in Middle East but I am Pakistani. I want to apply under SDS stream so can I do it directly from my current location or I'll have to go to Pakistan and apply from there (is that possible)?

Please help me answer this question. I can't find answer to this anywhere? Or maybe if someone knows the number for IRCC?

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I live in Middle East but I am Pakistani. I want to apply under SDS stream so can I do it directly from my current location or I'll have to go to Pakistan and apply from there (is that possible)?

Please help me answer this question. I can't find answer to this anywhere? Or maybe if someone knows the number for IRCC?

Thanks in advance.
You have to apply from Pakistan and show residency. Says right on the page.

To be eligible for faster processing through the Student Direct Stream (SDS), you must

• be a legal resident living in 1 of the following countries:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream/eligibility.html

May 24, 2024
The problem is I live and work in UAE. So If I had to pay money for GIC it would be from my UAE bank account and my work experience is also from here.

May 24, 2024
May 24, 2024
Sure. Show that you are a legal resident. Honestly SDS may not be as fast and most people still wait 12-14 weeks.
I mean they say SDS has a significant better approval rate compared to the regular version. However, if the 12-14 weeks is true, which it looks like then how came can you attend University which happens to be starting on 1st of Sep, 2024?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mean they say SDS has a significant better approval rate compared to the regular version. However, if the 12-14 weeks is true, which it looks like then how came can you attend University which happens to be starting on 1st of Sep, 2024?
Oh…I have never seen stats that show SDS have a higher approval rate. You should have applied earlier. Are you taking a Masters? You apply and then if not approved by September you ask for a deferral.

May 24, 2024
Oh…I have never seen stats that show SDS have a higher approval rate. You should have applied earlier. Are you taking a Masters? You apply and then if not approved by September you ask for a deferral.
Yes, it is Masters and University is a Public University. I applied it back in March but the Acceptance came in Mid May. :( But the problem is about the SDS issue as I am not living in Pakistan.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, it is Masters and University is a Public University. I applied it back in March but the Acceptance came in Mid May. :( But the problem is about the SDS issue as I am not living in Pakistan.
SDS is only possible if you move back to Pakistan. I'm not sure what the confusion is. Ultimately you need to make a choice between returning to Pakistan so that you can apply under SDS or or not.

Reactions: rcincanada2019
May 24, 2024
SDS is only possible if you move back to Pakistan. I'm not sure what the confusion is. Ultimately you need to make a choice between returning to Pakistan so that you can apply under SDS or or not.
I have no problem returning back to Pakistan for a couple of weeks. But the question is if I move (temporarily) to Pakistan I'll be Eligible to for SDS right ????? even though I work in Dubai?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have no problem returning back to Pakistan for a couple of weeks. But the question is if I move (temporarily) to Pakistan I'll be Eligible to for SDS right ????? even though I work in Dubai?
I don't think that will work. You have to show that you are a resident. So you would need to actually move back if you want to apply through SDS.