+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can an employer hire me even if I don't have status ..

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Guys, if you are out of status and is sponsored within Canada and is still waiting for the result is it legal to accept an offer for work? I am asking coz I am offered work and they are willing to apply for a work permit .. I am afraid I might get in trouble if ever...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They can apply for an lmo and you can apply for a work permit for sure. If you get it is another question but you are not doing anything illegal by applying.

antonia

Nov 20, 2008
apply for restoration it is 90 daysfrom the day of the expire date of your legal status and you will pay more

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Ana I did that already. extension and restoration and was denied. That's why I asked if an employer can apply for a work permit for me. Thanks Ana.

antonia

Nov 20, 2008
what do you mean. you can apply for a" work permit applied for yourself"
can you apply for yourself?
how?

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
I am sorry, I think I am confused here. The work permit, it is applied BY the person who wants it. For example my husband wants a work permit, then he applies for it, pays the fees and hopefully gets it. Aren't all work permits applied for that way?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are doing an open work permit for a spouse, that is the way it goes. Everybody else who wants a work permit needs to get an employer to apply for a labour market opinion for them and when they have that they can apply for a work permit which will be tied to that employer and that job.