+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a study visa be issued after school already resumed??

A. Folefac

Jan 4, 2018
Gambia
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Hello guys,

I am a Cameroonian. I got admission into a university in Quebec on the 17th of October 2017. Applied immediately for a CAQ and got it on the 23rd of November 2017. Then applied for a study permit on the 1st of December and got my medical request on the 29th of December. School was to resume on the 8th of January 2018, but late registration ends on the 22nd of January 2018. Considering that I had to apply for a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) before applying for a studying permit, and taking into consideration the time frame which I think is short to apply and get a study permit. I just want to find out if a study permit can be issued after school has already resume. Also, the school sent a document to CIC telling them that my latest date to register is on the 22nd of January 2018. Also, there's a possibility to defer my admission to September 2018. Thanks in advance.

A. Folefac

Jan 4, 2018
Gambia
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Yes, I'm applying from Cameroon. But I got a medical request, presumably after they reviewed my file and guessing they know the resumption date.

hnalpha323

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
File Transfer...
30-11-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
19-12-2017
Passport Req..
15-03-2018
Hello guys,

I am a Cameroonian. I got admission into a university in Quebec on the 17th of October 2017. Applied immediately for a CAQ and got it on the 23rd of November 2017. Then applied for a study permit on the 1st of December and got my medical request on the 29th of December. School was to resume on the 8th of January 2018, but late registration ends on the 22nd of January 2018. Considering that I had to apply for a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) before applying for a studying permit, and taking into consideration the time frame which I think is short to apply and get a study permit. I just want to find out if a study permit can be issued after school has already resume. Also, the school sent a document to CIC telling them that my latest date to register is on the 22nd of January 2018. Also, there's a possibility to defer my admission to September 2018. Thanks in advance.
I have almost same situation.
Got admission on 9th november
Applied for caq
Got caq on 25 november
Applied for visa 30 November
Got medical request 14 december
Done medical on 19th november
Still waiting and my university starts at 8th January and late registration is 22nd of January but no reply for CIC.
BTW which Uni you’re going ?

A. Folefac

Jan 4, 2018
Gambia
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
I have almost same situation.
Got admission on 9th november
Applied for caq
Got caq on 25 november
Applied for visa 30 November
Got medical request 14 december
Done medical on 19th november
Still waiting and my university starts at 8th January and late registration is 22nd of January but no reply for CIC.
BTW which Uni you’re going ?
University of Concordia. What about you??