+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a refugee invite his/her family to Canada?

helaen

Aug 4, 2024
IF A WIFE WAS DEPORTED FROM EUROPE BECAUSE OF HER ASYLUM CLAIM DECLINE BEFORE SEVEN YEARS ,DOES IT HAVE ANY EFFECT IF SHE APPLY INVITATION VISA IN CANADA?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
IF A WIFE WAS DEPORTED FROM EUROPE BECAUSE OF HER ASYLUM CLAIM DECLINE BEFORE SEVEN YEARS ,DOES IT HAVE ANY EFFECT IF SHE APPLY INVITATION VISA IN CANADA?
Why are you yelling? There is no such thing as in ”invitation” visa. She must declare that she was deported, and it could have an impact on the decision for a TRV/visitor visa. She needs to show her own funds, ties to return to home country, travel history and valid reasons to travel.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, it will likely impact the TRV. Make sure she declares this history fully in her application and shows very strong ties to her home country.

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Do you mean permanently or for a visit? Getting a TRV will be very challenging unless they have very strong ties to where they are currently living because they will be concerned that the rest of the family will arrive and ask for asylum as well.
its not that challenging. Three of my family members applied for visit visa and got approved within a month, they visited and easily crossed immigration without any issue

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Can you please help with the kind of docs you submitted and how you established the ties?

its not that challenging. Three of my family members applied for visit visa and got approved within a month, they visited and easily crossed immigration without any issue

Ivantika

Apr 20, 2024
The thing is they really don't want to immigrate here, just to visit my family.
Hi Andrew. If you need advise, I’d say contact an immigration lawyer to assist with this. I know personally of asylum claimants who became PRs who were able to provide an invitation letter to a friend to support their Canadian visitor visa application and the visa was granted. I know of 2 situations in which he gave invitations letters and both were person visas were approved.
There’s no immigration policy, law or precedence that visa officer will look at how you became a PR/Citizen to determine if the individual satisfy the requirements to be granted a visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It really depends on the circumstances and country of origin. Also as IRCC attempts to reduce temporary residents they may tighten TRV policies to pre2023 standards when it was much harder to get approved.

Reactions: inaya.i