+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a fully-vaccinated boyfriend of a Canadian citizen enter Canada while traveling together from abroad

Feb 16, 2021
Hi how are you are you all. I hope you are doing good and if not my prayers are with you. I would like to ask for suggestions from you. It's been a more than one and half year my girl friend and I couldn't meet and live together. She can't stay outside of Canada for long because of child custody thing. On the other-hand, it is unlikely that I will be allowed to enter Canada due to existing travel restrictions (non-essential travel). We both are really tired of waiting for so long to meet. I got a confirmation email from a Canadian High Commission that they will issue me a TRV (probably because I work in a High Commission of another country).

The plan is: I will get a TRV then she will visit me in the Middle of May 2021 . We travel together and stay with her in her home in Ontario during my official vacation. Finally I return and rejoin my work.

Can you please suggest/guide us about our plan or can you please suggest your thoughts/plan?

Thank you so much for your time

Take care

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi how are you are you all. I hope you are doing good and if not my prayers are with you. I would like to ask for suggestions from you. It's been a more than one and half year my girl friend and I couldn't meet and live together. She can't stay outside of Canada for long because of child custody thing. On the other-hand, it is unlikely that I will be allowed to enter Canada due to existing travel restrictions (non-essential travel). We both are really tired of waiting for so long to meet. I got a confirmation email from a Canadian High Commission that they will issue me a TRV (probably because I work in a High Commission of another country).

The plan is: I will get a TRV then she will visit me in the Middle of May 2021 . We travel together and stay with her in her home in Ontario during my official vacation. Finally I return and rejoin my work.

Can you please suggest/guide us about our plan or can you please suggest your thoughts/plan?

Thank you so much for your time

Take care
Currently both you and your gf need to do the 3 day quarantine followed by the 11 day home quarantine.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your reply. Will we have to pay 4000$ (2000$+2000$) for 3 day quarantine? Will we be allowed to choose cheaper hotel?
You can pick any hotel that is on the list of quarantine hotels.