+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a canadian employer request CIC to expediate the process

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,
Can a Canadian employer request CIC,by writing a letter to the concerned High commission ,to expediate the immigration process of his/her future employee,after sending an AEO .And is it necessary for CIC to act upon his request?

MaXimuS

Dec 5, 2008
i think its possible cause it happened in our case. we were directly hired by a large window manufacturing company here in canada and at first the process was too slow but when the president of the company wrote to the visa officer and the MP and told them that the company will suffer tremendously if the workers will not get here in time. after that the process was shorten to only 3 months. so i think its possible but again its a case to case basis

maximus

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Thanks Maximus for ur positive reply.Do u think tht alongwith the CHC ,my employer shd also write a letter to his MP as well?.Also how did u calculated 3 months?.I mean ur case was decided within 3 mnths after sending ur AEO to CHC or 3 mnths after the letter by the employer to CHC n MP.And could u plz tell me which visa office processed ur case?thanks once again.

MaXimuS

Dec 5, 2008
i was part of the batch 1 foreign workers so it took us 6 months to be processed but after they sent a letter to the visa officer and the MP the next batches got their visas within approximately 3 months but of course it will depend if your papers were complete or if you need to do additional things and stuffs like that. again its a case to case basis. cheers!!

maxmus

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
I still disagree, there's no proof in the quoted example that the case was speeded up as a special arrangement, all cases with AEO are regarded as urgent and so are fast-tracked

the CIC pledge for "fairness" is enshrined in the legislation and they will not act in favour of one applicant

needless to say, all CIC procedures and processing are corruption-free

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
I forgot to add a point to my reply.THE MP factor s definitely important as about it i ve read experience of many ppl.And i think in Maximus case the role of MP would ve been more important than employer.Cheers