+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calling all the aspiring Filipino International Students... Please help...

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
Hi!

I created this topic to provide Filipino International Students information regarding student visa processing and universities they applied in Canada.

Please do share your experience with us.

Thanks.

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
I am just a newbie on this forum and I want to inquire lots of things regarding student visa in Canada. I also want to know which is the best college to enroll particularly in Winnipeg. Please advise.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
elyxandria said:
I am just a newbie on this forum and I want to inquire lots of things regarding student visa in Canada. I also want to know which is the best college to enroll particularly in Winnipeg. Please advise.
Hi! I would suggest that you do your own research about the colleges and universities in Winnipeg because not all schools offer the course or program you would like to pursue and that requirements may be different from one school to another. I actually started with that. I also had to check reviews from the students and do not forget the tuition. It's always much more expensive for international students than the locals. And I have to ask, have you taken the IELTS? Because you may want to start reviewing. =)

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
@iamvenus... thanks for your reply.

I have my IELTS General Training module last August 2013 but as per my research Canadian universities required academic module. The result of my academic module will be released this month. Hoping to have a good score.

I am planning to take a Post Graduate Diploma in International Business in Winnipeg but I am not quite sure which university I will enroll in... As of the moment my choices are Red River College and Winnipeg Technical College... My target will be on January intake.

As per the tuition, I contacted both college admin and they told me to prepare minimum CAD12000 per year, other schools fees are not included. =(

Actually, my first target in September intake but then I feel I don't have enough time to process my college application as well as the student visa here in the Philippines. As per CIC website, student permit will take 12 weeks processing time here in PH.

How about you? Please do update me regarding your status. Thanks a lot. =)

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
elyxandria said:
@ iamvenus... thanks for your reply.

I have my IELTS General Training module last August 2013 but as per my research Canadian universities required academic module. The result of my academic module will be released this month. Hoping to have a good score.

I am planning to take a Post Graduate Diploma in International Business in Winnipeg but I am not quite sure which university I will enroll in... As of the moment my choices are Red River College and Winnipeg Technical College... My target will be on January intake.

As per the tuition, I contacted both college admin and they told me to prepare minimum CAD12000 per year, other schools fees are not included. =(

Actually, my first target in September intake but then I feel I don't have enough time to process my college application as well as the student visa here in the Philippines. As per CIC website, student permit will take 12 weeks processing time here in PH.

How about you? Please do update me regarding your status. Thanks a lot. =)
Oh.. Well then, that's great if you already took the IELTS academic module. Once you have your results, you may want to start your application for admission in your chosen schools. You can actually apply for both schools and maybe you'll realize during the process which school you really like. =) I expect you already know that you can't apply for a visa until you have been accepted in the school.

In my case, I was accepted last year but decided to continue with my application only last February. I am enrolled for June intake but I have a class that is part of the program that will start on May 22. So yes, my application right now is really pressuring and stressing me out. Hahaha! But hopeful that I'll get my visa soon. I advise you to apply for the school now and from there, you'll know which intake you'll enroll in but September may be too soon and you don't want to end up like me. Hahaha!

Anyway, here's my timeline:
App. filed: March 7, 2014 (VFS Manila)
Med. request: April 11, 2014
Med. exam: April 15, 2014 (SLEC Global)

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
ah wokies... thanks for your advice iamvenus...

by the way, which school did you apply and what program? thanks. =)

hoping that your SP visa will be approved soon...

jaydee_de_laza

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
|victoria
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I am new here,
Im planning to lodge my sp application on the first week of may.
My school is camosun college in victoria, bc
Course is applied chemistry and biotechnology. I am a registered pharmacist here in the ph.
U think I have a high chance of being approved?
Thank you very much.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
elyxandria said:
ah wokies... thanks for your advice iamvenus...

by the way, which school did you apply and what program? thanks. =)

hoping that your SP visa will be approved soon...
Review program for international nurses yung kinuha ko. It's only for a year pero may work program pa kami after.

Have you decided which school you're applying to?

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
jaydee_de_laza said:
Hello, I am new here,
Course is applied chemistry and biotechnology. I am a registered pharmacist here in the ph.
Thank you very much.
As long as you also provide a strong study plan, financial capabilities, and ties here in the country. But there are a lot of reasons why people were denied visas. It's up to the visa officer who will evaluate your application. Just make sure your documents are complete and you have other documents that will support you.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
jaydee_de_laza said:
Thank you very much, I will keep poated on this thread
You should! This forum helped me A LOT in my decision-making. Tulong-tulong tayo para makuha natin yung dream. =)

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
iamvenus said:
Review program for international nurses yung kinuha ko. It's only for a year pero may work program pa kami after.

Have you decided which school you're applying to?
I'll be applying for a Post Graduate International Business Advanced Diploma for a year in Red River College today... I just hope they will accept me... I graduated with a degree in BSBA Major in Marketing Management... Hoping for the best....

Good luck on your visa application... I know soon you'll get your visa... Have faith... =)

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
jaydee_de_laza said:
Hello, I am new here,
Thank you very much.
Best of luck in your application... Please keep us posted...

I'll be applying on June once I received my acceptance letter from RRC...

God bless us...

mangohorse320

May 4, 2014
Elysanda hi

You mentioned that you want to study post graduate in international business mgt, how long will it take to finish this course?

mangohorse320

May 4, 2014
Hi everyone. bago lang ako sa site na to and so glad na nakita ko ito. Congratulations sa mga nakakuha ng SP at keep praying sa mga hindi pa. Thank you sa mga tao na sumusuporta sa site na ito by giving information and sharing their experiences. malaking tulong ito sa mga taong nagwish mag apply for sp.

I got two questions, first, does anyone know a good agency who can help me sa SP? can someone recommend?

Second question is, does anyone here know a school that offers Post graduate degree or diploma in hospitality mgt?

thanks a lot