+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calculation of work experience

vins

Jun 29, 2008
Hi,

I intend to apply for Canadian Immigration through the simplified application process at the earliest.

I currently have around 2 years and 9 months of work experience (job on the NOC list). My question is will my work experience be calculated at the time my application is received or at the time of assessment by the Consulate?

Would it be better to apply immediately or wait for 3 more months as I would gain 2 points more on the evaluation test?

Best Regards...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vins said:
Hi,

I intend to apply for Canadian Immigration through the simplified application process at the earliest.

I currently have around 2 years and 9 months of work experience (job on the NOC list). My question is will my work experience be calculated at the time my application is received or at the time of assessment by the Consulate?

Would it be better to apply immediately or wait for 3 more months as I would gain 2 points more on the evaluation test?

Best Regards...
As of the date that the application is received.

PMM

Desiguy79

Jul 1, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
02-15-2011
Hi I am a new participant. I liked the way forum works. I am looking for someones help in my matter of application. I am currently doing PhD in United states for last 4 years. I have had Research Assistantship for 4 years ( 20 hrs per week). I am keenly interested in applying for canadian PR card. Can any one tell me whether the 4 years RA will be considered equal to 1 year of full time work experience ? Should i apply for PR card now or should wait until i finish PhD and do a job full time of 1 year ?

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
vins, as long as your work was paid, it is counted and as long as it also features in the NOC list.
but it must be paid work plus 4 years part time is equal to 2years full time.
hope it helps.
cheers :)

Desiguy79

Jul 1, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
02-15-2011
Thanks that helps a lot.

ivochka

Jul 8, 2008
Hi all!

I'm wondering, if I had some "breaks" in my work experience (say a couple months), can I sum the time when I was working?

I had several job positions for the last 5 years, related to each other and not, full and part-time. Should I count as my work experience everything, or should I choose just one main position? Should it be related to the major I was studying on at the university?

I'll appreciate any comments or suggestions! Thank you! :)

Mohammadreza

Sep 4, 2009
I have the same problem. I need to get the maximum points from my work experience. Now I have 19 but I need 21 to reach 67 point. I am currently working under the NOC list but my application was received on 29 June 2009. I got the file number on 21 Augus. I need 7 months of my current, which means waiting for another 3 months will fullfil it. But if the point is given at the time application received my point would be 66.
I got some information showing that points continuing to increase even after submision.

Any one can help?

hellovn

Jul 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At the time when you application is assessed. It is mentioned in the op06-eng.pdf file.