+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

mrs kandil

Dec 2, 2011
I have emailed them recently about the situation in egypt..stating that my husband lives about 5 mins away from al tahrir square anf that I'm getting so worried about him...and if there anything I could do to speed up the process but no answer from them...I was in egypt 2 weeks ago to visit him..I stated that too on the email..it was a very short trip coz I wasn't allowed vacations from work since I was over there in the summer too..I went to the canadian embassy hoping I would get some answers but they weren"t cooperative at all! So I stated that on the email too...I'm losing hope! I know its only been 8 mnths for me so far...but I know ppl that took them 7 months or 9 mnths only! So why not me? I submitted a (complete) application..everything they asked for everything..thought it will makw it go faster but guess not..also when I found out that ottawa is pricessing I got excited..I'm like its probably gonna be a fast process..again! I was wrong! I'm just so worried...if I have a medical condition..with that speed up the process? Or if I'm pregnant? Let me know plz

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
08/10/2010 and 13/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
Unfortunately if I knew I would help you on that but I myself started this process in july 2010 and I've seen cases in this forum that took 5 months or a little more to complete their file... I'm trying to stay positive but it is really really hard... Especially since this will be my 3rd Xmas whitout him :(

fyi... My husband works at Ramses Hilton, so I do understand the stress you are going at this moment... This week he almost got hit by rocks when he left work to go take the bus.

Lets stay positive Mrs. Kandil !!... Our turn will happen sooner or later!

~ Mels

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrs kandil said:
I have emailed them recently about the situation in egypt..stating that my husband lives about 5 mins away from al tahrir square anf that I'm getting so worried about him...and if there anything I could do to speed up the process but no answer from them...I was in egypt 2 weeks ago to visit him..I stated that too on the email..it was a very short trip coz I wasn't allowed vacations from work since I was over there in the summer too..I went to the canadian embassy hoping I would get some answers but they weren"t cooperative at all! So I stated that on the email too...I'm losing hope! I know its only been 8 mnths for me so far...but I know ppl that took them 7 months or 9 mnths only! So why not me? I submitted a (complete) application..everything they asked for everything..thought it will makw it go faster but guess not..also when I found out that ottawa is pricessing I got excited..I'm like its probably gonna be a fast process..again! I was wrong! I'm just so worried...if I have a medical condition..with that speed up the process? Or if I'm pregnant? Let me know plz
iwant to tell you and other poeple who are worried about thier application and that ones whose aying that there no respond or anything positive showing them that they working on their applications iwant to you that u must know and must to know that the processing of applications is 14 months now so any one get worried they can stop their worried by applying for the caips or GCSM its realy helpfull and it helping alot and its updeting wekkly and it showing every kind of deatails of your application and whole processing

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
mrs kandil said:
i agree with Mels ... 8 months still in the time range ..dont get so worried

my application took them about 11 month to get any update from cairo office then i was scheduled for an interview ,,it was passed successfully

tahrir square nt so bad right now i went to the embassy last week to give them new criminal recordso i went through Tahrir and it was very peaceful

by the way ,, for the members here who got 2 nd medical test ..the immigration officer told me that it takes 2-3 months for london office before they download it on their computerized network system then the embassy in cairo start to move for visa issue ,,

it is very stressful this waiting game yes ,, for myself i got disappointed and frustrated many times but my wife was helping me and this forum was awesome as well

now i am in another waiting game after my 2nd medical too lolol

...SO HOLD ON GUYS AND BE SURE SOON GOOD NEWS COMING

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mels said:
I'm curious like you emadiano!

I know that the embassy is somewhat close from Tahir square. However, does anybody know if the embassy is still open and processing application with all of the things that is currently happening?

~ Mels
canadian embassy in cairo doesnt do anything for immigration and nothing for any kind of visa all application send to Canada on pilot system

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
fox 82

I'm glad you asked about the 2nd medical to know a true time line. When did you have your medical done? I'm keeping track of the 3 of us to see who gets results back and you make 4 now. frishprince and mels also had theirs done along with my hubby.I asked my hubby to get the tracking number from the office but they tell him they are too busy and call back :(

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
louisa said:
fox 82

I'm glad you asked about the 2nd medical to know a true time line. When did you have your medical done? I'm keeping track of the 3 of us to see who gets results back and you make 4 now. frishprince and mels also had theirs done along with my hubby.I asked my hubby to get the tracking number from the office but they tell him they are too busy and call back :(
oohh so there are 4 members in same boat now ??!! my doctor sent the medical test to london last week umm like 26th or 27th November i didnt call him back to know when exactlly he sent them i will call him anyway to get tracking number

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
madatito2000 said:
canadian embassy in cairo doesnt do anything for immigration and nothing for any kind of visa all application send to Canada on pilot system

This is what the OttPilot sent to me:
"Once medical results have been received, the file will be electronically transferred to Cairo for final processing. Your spouse will be contacted by the Embassy in Cairo for the final processing steps."

So the visa office is within the embassy and they are responsible for the interview and the distribution of Visa's..
Hope this helps!

~ Mels

Amattullah

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2010..Approved of sponsorship
File Transfer...
10/02/2011..Application recieved at Cairo
Med's Request
28/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Abt 2nd medical.. I dont know abt you guys.. but my husband took his 2nd medical on october 6 from DR. Ahmed... and the doctor took like a week to send it cuz he was collecting 10 other people's medical to send at one..

I found out that those medicals are still in egpyt at the post office.. The Doc said its a group of 15 people.

its weird really.. I dont know how it happen.. my husband is going to check the post office and see what has happend.

I am worried, waiting another 2 or 3 months from now.. when we have already been waiting for 2 months now only to find out the documents were never sent.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
wow mels your as good as done :) my hubby didnt get this letter saying it would go for visa processing after :( just he had 30 days to complete or may result if refusal of application and they will contact him if any further medical testing is required so I was assuming after this it would be interview or just visa :)

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
Mels said:
This is what the OttPilot sent to me:
"Once medical results have been received, the file will be electronically transferred to Cairo for final processing. Your spouse will be contacted by the Embassy in Cairo for the final processing steps."

So the visa office is within the embassy and they are responsible for the interview and the distribution of Visa's..
Hope this helps!

~ Mels
hii Mels ,, thats very good news you are almost done when did ur husband do his 2nd medical ??

emadiano

Star Member
Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Interview........
06-02-2012
Passport Req..
2-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2013
hi everyone wish all is fine
i want to share my update with you again
in website they said medical results have beedn received that was 28 november
so my question is what after and how long to next update is anyone can explain
thanks

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
emadiano said:
hi everyone wish all is fine
i want to share my update with you again
in website they said medical results have beedn received that was 28 november
so my question is what after and how long to next update is anyone can explain
thanks
i dont think there is a certain duration for the next update but at least now u know they working on ur application thats good news anyway

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
louisa said:
wow mels your as good as done :) my hubby didnt get this letter saying it would go for visa processing after :( just he had 30 days to complete or may result if refusal of application and they will contact him if any further medical testing is required so I was assuming after this it would be interview or just visa :)
My husband was never contacted up to now, in contrary of yours !

I actually emailed OttPilot on oct. 27 because I noticed his medical was going to expired on oct.28. I was curious to see if he needed to redo his medical ... On that same day they replied to me that yes he needs to redo his medical and attached a pdf file which my husband needed to bring to the doctor ::)
(He also had 30 days to complete)

So basically my husband redid his medical to save us time when they contact him ::)

We still have no idea where we stand in the immigration process but at least we know that his file will be transferred to Cairo once medical is received... Always looking on the positive side of things ;)

I feel that both of our husband are around the same stage of the application ! Hopefully we shall here something soon !
Hang in there :)

~ Mels