3/8/2011
thank you mido
i wish you have a good life and happy life
and if u landing in ottawa plz contact me

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
Mels said:
Mabrook Lapula !!! :D

That is fantastic news !!! The stress of waiting to see if your husband can come to Canada with u is finally over!!

Lets hope that the rest of us will have the same positive outcome !! :D

Fox82: Any news on your side?? I so wish you have news too!

~ Mels
ummm i feel frustrated :( no news yet hope some thing soon Mels

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know a guarenteed way to inform the visa office about address and phone number change? because i've been out of egypt for two months and now i want to make sure they have my new address and cell phone number to contact me

Thanks,

Spirit

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
spirit-88 said:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know a guarenteed way to inform the visa office about address and phone number change? because i've been out of egypt for two months and now i want to make sure they have my new address and cell phone number to contact me

Thanks,

Spirit

Hi,Spirit!

I did change an address and phone number using case specific enquiry,here is a link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/cairo.asp

U just have to follow the instructions.

Is it a quaranteed way?Honestly,i don;t know.They don;t reply ,they don;t call,nothing....

U just pray that they will check it and change it.
I even tried to send a fax.But every time line was busy...

Lapula

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
08/10/2010 and 13/11/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
Fox82 hang in there! I'm sure your turn will be soon!

Like we say in french: Pas de nouvelle, Bonne nouvelle (No news is good news)!

Hope you will let us know when your turn has arrived! I've been following your story for a while now and really looking forward to see a happy ending to your immigration file!

~ Mels

Louis19

Jan 13, 2010
i contacted the empassy in egypt via email and recieved the following response:
Dear Sir /Madam ,

This refers to your inquiry regarding the status of the application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family Class category.
Due to security issues in Egypt, all Family Class case were moved to another office in Canada; if you wish to contact that office for file status, please send your enquiry to OTTPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca.
Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the immigrant category in which applicant has applied currently require approximately 12 months, as per new standards, to process for routine cases.
Be advised that this application is processing normally within our standard processing time for Family Class cases.
Best Regards,

i am wondering if the applications then will have the time line of the inland applicant, which is long. or if routinwe cases will have the same timeline like if the were processed in Cairo?
if they treat this as an In Canada application then it's grossly unfair. any of you heared about this pilot project?

thanks

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
Hi Louis :)

I know of 3 people who are on this pilot project (Myself included).

Since they sent our files to Ottawa (August 24), my file is now in process and Lapula's husband need to send his passport to get his visa (No interview required... Lucky!!!).

This new pilot is supposed to reduce the waiting time when it comes to sponsorship immigration. If you look at previous pages of this post, you will see links refering to this project :)

~ Mels

Louis19

Jan 13, 2010
Hi Mels,

thanks for letting me know, i hope that my situation will be similar to you guys and that they don't wait purposely for the prescribed 12 month :D :):)
i checked the operation bulletin that was in a previous page but it was talking about appeal process.

Good thing is i can now drop by to the Pilot center office on Lauriel ave and have a sneak peek :):)

Mels

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2010
AOR Received.
21/01/2011
File Transfer...
13/01/2011
Med's Request
28/10/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2012
LANDED..........
15/03/2012
Hi Louis!

Looks like we are neighbors... I'm from Gatineau :)

Good thing is i can now drop by to the Pilot center office on Lauriel ave and have a sneak peek
Hihihi! Have fun "sneak peeking" ! Hope you find answers to your questions !

~ Mels

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
Louis19 said:
i contacted the empassy in egypt via email and recieved the following response:
Dear Sir /Madam ,

This refers to your inquiry regarding the status of the application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family Class category.
Due to security issues in Egypt, all Family Class case were moved to another office in Canada; if you wish to contact that office for file status, please send your enquiry to OTTPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca.
Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the immigrant category in which applicant has applied currently require approximately 12 months, as per new standards, to process for routine cases.
Be advised that this application is processing normally within our standard processing time for Family Class cases.
Best Regards,

i am wondering if the applications then will have the time line of the inland applicant, which is long. or if routinwe cases will have the same timeline like if the were processed in Cairo?
if they treat this as an In Canada application then it's grossly unfair. any of you heared about this pilot project?

thanks
Louisa, according to the email we received from Cairo, they consider our process to have started when our file reached Mississauga as indicated in the email below.

Request for information
We do not respond to enquiries regarding the status of a file while it is still within its normal processing time. The normal processing time for a Family Class application is 12 months from the initial submission of the application at CPC Mississauga, which is in your case ¬¬¬¬2010/12/15.

If a request for documentation or information is initiated by CPP-O, the documents and any mailed enquiries should be sent to the following address:

Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

All e-mail enquiries or submissions (if applicable) should be sent to the following address only: OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca

Mode of communication with CCP-O
CPP-O will by default communicate with you via e-mail. On your application form, you provided a valid e-mail address that will be checked regularly by you or your authorized representative. Any emails sent to you will be from email addresses that end in “@cic.gc.ca” or “@international.gc.ca”. Please add these to the “safe senders” list in your email program. You should also check the junk mail folder in your email program and/or in your email website in case important emails get filtered into this folder.
Had you wished us to communicate with you solely by regular mail, you were to have indicated it in a cover letter accompanying your document package. We would ask you not to send the same message using several communication methods (e.g. email, mail) to CPP-O as this makes the office less efficient which delays the processing of your application.
Let CPP-O know
If your personal circumstances change, such as the birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce, you must inform this office (see contact information at the bottom)
You must also advise us of the following:
• Change of address or change of e-mail address;
• Change of immigration representative;
• Decision to withdraw your application;
Role of Cairo Visa office
The Cairo Visa office may be asked from time to time by this office to perform tasks on our behalf. Such tasks could include processing application fees (such as processing fees for newly added dependents or the Right of Permanent Residence Fee), conducting interviews or issuing Permanent Residence visas.
You may therefore receive requests originating from the Cairo visa office. Please pay particular attention to which office is making the request and where your response must be sent. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
We trust that this information is helpful.

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote - Ottawa - 36
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca
Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
:) ;) :D ;D :'(I HAVE GREAT NEWS!!!!! Finally my husbands application says " IN PROCESS" I thought I was seeing double lol I seen another box below the first one with his name again and it said in process and application recieved and I clicked on the in process and this is what it says

We received your application to sponsor "Hubby" on March 11, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 14, 2011.

I recieved this today there was nothing there yesterday and it's funny how it says march 14th and they just finally put in process but who cares finally it's starting. yeah yeah

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
That's great news Louisa :) Hopefully you'll get great news soon, your application is like a light for me cuz your file has been recieved before me by 3 months, so maybe next month or the after my application will be updated :)

wish u good luck dear

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
Thank-you spirit and god willing yours will start soon too :)