+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caips Gcms request May 2020

badlystuck

Mar 14, 2020
hi , I applied caips gcms request on 15 May 2020 through a link, as I am outside Canada.
i received an email advising tthat the processing time for this is now 1 year , and not 35 days due to this covid.
anyone else faced this

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
ATIP, Government of Canada.
I am puzzled as to how you may expect ATIP processing times to still be normal when most people/employees are not able to go into the office. If even IRCC processing times are hampered and only reserved for urgent cases, ATIP requests would not be considered urgent. Even before covid, many ATIP requests were also delayed by the sheer volume of requests.

skn30

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
I am puzzled as to how you may expect ATIP processing times to still be normal when most people/employees are not able to go into the office.
Well don't be so puzzled because of 2 reasons.

1. I replied to the above-mentioned information where that person is being misguided by a 3rd party website stating that the process time of releasing GCMS notes has been enhanced to 1 year. This is a completely false statement.

2. Check the Government of Canada's ATIP website and share me the link where it has been mentioned that they need 1 year to release ATIP notes and the 3rd party link I provided is based on recommendation of people who used this service and got it in even less than 30 days.

On the other hand, I am perplexed how a 3rd party site can misguide people about the functionaries of a government organisation

minucan

Sep 17, 2019
Well don't be so puzzled because of 2 reasons.

1. I replied to the above-mentioned information where that person is being misguided by a 3rd party website stating that the process time of releasing GCMS notes has been enhanced to 1 year. This is a completely false statement.

2. Check the Government of Canada's ATIP website and share me the link where it has been mentioned that they need 1 year to release ATIP notes and the 3rd party link I provided is based on recommendation of people who used this service and got it in even less than 30 days.

On the other hand, I am perplexed how a 3rd party site can misguide people about the functionaries of a government organisation
I am facing the same problem so it is not a false statement. I applied for my younger brother's gcms notes as I am a citizen here. I applied directly on the ATIP government website. I got the notes in 30 days but I had also ordered for the forms and document copies that his agent had submitted. The ATIP/IRCC sent an email to me that they need 1 year to email those copies to me. So, basically its ATIP and IRCC issue. My other cousin's study permit application is stuck since Dec 2019 whereas the processing timeline is 6 weeks. I am frustrated but being a responsible citizen, I dont want to blame the government as it is the situation which has affected the entire world.

skn30

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
I am facing the same problem so it is not a false statement. I applied for my younger brother's gcms notes as I am a citizen here. I applied directly on the ATIP government website. I got the notes in 30 days but I had also ordered for the forms and document copies that his agent had submitted. The ATIP/IRCC sent an email to me that they need 1 year to email those copies to me. So, basically its ATIP and IRCC issue. My other cousin's study permit application is stuck since Dec 2019 whereas the processing timeline is 6 weeks. I am frustrated but being a responsible citizen, I don't want to blame the government as it is the situation which has affected the entire world.
If you can go through my statement I was clearly referring to GCMS notes and you are referring to GCMS files. Both are 2 different things. GCMS files were getting delayed during normal tenure as well. It's not surprising to anyone. However, till today GCMS notes are getting delivered within 30 days since the statement did not mention GCMS files, it's quite natural for me to perceive it as GCMS notes.

minucan

Sep 17, 2019
If you can go through my statement I was clearly referring to GCMS notes and you are referring to GCMS files. Both are 2 different things. GCMS files were getting delayed during normal tenure as well. It's not surprising to anyone. However, till today GCMS notes are getting delivered within 30 days since the statement did not mention GCMS files, it's quite natural for me to perceive it as GCMS notes.
I came here to share my experience and not refer or blame anybody's service. you can run your shop somewhere else. It looks like some are just interested in marketing their services in this forum.

skn30

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
I came here to share my experience and not refer or blame anybody's service. you can run your shop somewhere else. It looks like some are just interested in marketing their services in this forum.
Shop!
Mine?

Funniest thing I have heard. I am not running any. I too shared my experience. From your statement, it seems you are doing this business and trying to save your's. Check the examples you have given where is the relation between study permit and GCMS notes. If it's your business, please stop conning people.

As far as I am concerned, I don't run any business and neither have any. I shared my own experience and for other information I refer government website to put my facts. If it's mentioned somewhere officially, I would be happy to correct myself.