+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-11 Work Permit to Permanent Residence

mYusuf

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Hi,
I am not sure which sub-forum is appropriate for this post, so posting it here as I think EE is the way to go.

Background:
I came to Canada on a closed C-11 work permit with LMIA exemption. I opened my own business under the C-11 application and offered myself the position of CEO to run the business.
As I am low on CRS points because of age, I intend to secure the 200 points that can be requested for a TEER 0 level job.
I can offer myself a job offer in my corporation for post-PR work.

Question:
1. In which category stream should I apply. Seems there is EE, OINP, FSW, CEC.
2. I understand that for a LMIA exempt job offer for PR, I need to have 12 month Canadian work experience. I this correct?
3. Is there a stream where I can apply before I complete 1 year Canadian experience?
4. Can I offer myself a job offer within my corporation for post-PR work even if I already have offered myself a position of CEO initially when I came over.
5. To get 200 job offer points for a senior position, is there a recommended salary range? can I pay myself a very low salary even if I offer myself a CEO job?

will be grateful for any pointers.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am not sure which sub-forum is appropriate for this post, so posting it here as I think EE is the way to go.

Background:
I came to Canada on a closed C-11 work permit with LMIA exemption. I opened my own business under the C-11 application and offered myself the position of CEO to run the business.
As I am low on CRS points because of age, I intend to secure the 200 points that can be requested for a TEER 0 level job.
I can offer myself a job offer in my corporation for post-PR work.

Question:
1. In which category stream should I apply. Seems there is EE, OINP, FSW, CEC.
2. I understand that for a LMIA exempt job offer for PR, I need to have 12 month Canadian work experience. I this correct?
3. Is there a stream where I can apply before I complete 1 year Canadian experience?
4. Can I offer myself a job offer within my corporation for post-PR work even if I already have offered myself a position of CEO initially when I came over.
5. To get 200 job offer points for a senior position, is there a recommended salary range? can I pay myself a very low salary even if I offer myself a CEO job?

will be grateful for any pointers.
Thank you
It may make most sense for you to hire an immigration lawyer to assist you. Alternatively you have to be prepared to spend time researching Canada's immigration programs. FSW and CEC are both programs that go through EE. For CEC, you'll need to have at least one year of work experience in Canada however I'm not sure you'll be able to qualify since your work experience may be classified as self employment (self employment doesn't count under CEC).

FSW could be an option now provided you can score 480+ points. You won't be able to claim any points rigth now for having a job offer. You may be able to claim job offer points after you've worked in Canada for a full year. I'm not sure how that works if you are the owner of the company. I would recommend you speak to an immigration lawyer to confirm how that would work, along with your question about the salary.

I don't think OINP will be an option since your company won't meet the requirements - or at a minimum, it will be several years before you may meet these requirements. Read more here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-4

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
The 200 points can only be claimed against a LMIA job offer but you are on an exempt LMIA, so I don’t think you can claim the 200 till you convert your permit.
For the possibility on change of LMIA or any other pathway - connect with an immigration lawyer.

And Yes, there is a minimum salary that is to be paid (its part of LMIA checkpoint as well)
I don’t know about the CEC experience part of your question.

mYusuf

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
It may make most sense for you to hire an immigration lawyer to assist you. Alternatively you have to be prepared to spend time researching Canada's immigration programs. FSW and CEC are both programs that go through EE. For CEC, you'll need to have at least one year of work experience in Canada however I'm not sure you'll be able to qualify since your work experience may be classified as self employment (self employment doesn't count under CEC).

FSW could be an option now provided you can score 480+ points. You won't be able to claim any points rigth now for having a job offer. You may be able to claim job offer points after you've worked in Canada for a full year. I'm not sure how that works if you are the owner of the company. I would recommend you speak to an immigration lawyer to confirm how that would work, along with your question about the salary.

I don't think OINP will be an option since your company won't meet the requirements - or at a minimum, it will be several years before you may meet these requirements. Read more here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-4
Thank you Scylla

mYusuf

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
The 200 points can only be claimed against a LMIA job offer but you are on an exempt LMIA, so I don’t think you can claim the 200 till you convert your permit.
For the possibility on change of LMIA or any other pathway - connect with an immigration lawyer.

And Yes, there is a minimum salary that is to be paid (its part of LMIA checkpoint as well)
I don’t know about the CEC experience part of your question.
Thank you PDM_CA