+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business Visa Refusal from India

Oct 1, 2013
I have applied for Business Visa (Visitor) for Canada.
I have a business meeting in November.
I did attach formal invitation letter from the company and also all required documents of myself and my company.
My visa is refused stating Purpose of Visit.
From my understanding the next thing to do is getting notes of visa officer before reapplication but I have no knowledge of how to get them.
Can someone enlighten on this?
I have applied at New Delhi office.
Let me know if more information is required for help.

Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

How long did you want to visit?
What documents did you submit?

You can either reapply with new evidence.... or you can order GCMS Notes to understand why you were refused. It could take about a month/bit longer to get these notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Cheers

Oct 1, 2013
I intended to visit from 21 November to 8 December.
Should I decrease this stay time aswell.
As Notes will take so much more time, I want to reapply.
What else can I attach than an Invitation Letter.
Should I get a more detailed invitation letter from them.
Will it be enough?
Or anythig else I need to attach?
Also, if I reapply, do I need to reattach all already submitted documents as well or I can just attach new documents giving reference to old application?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We can advise you better if you.....
1. Post the list of documents which you submitted

2. How long have you employed by your current employer?

3. Did you prove why it is essential for you to attend this business meeting?

4. Did you explain why you need 18 days for the purpose of business meeting?

5. Who is paying for your visit?

6. What ties do you have to India: Property ownership, lease agreement, family, a good financial situation, previous travel history, etc

Cheers

Oct 1, 2013
1. I attached Invitation Letter from Canadian company, Letter from my company, my Income Tax Returns and company income tax return from last 2 years, bank statements 6 months, company registration certificate, latest import document between two parties as a proof of business relation with the company.

2. I am the Director of the company from 2006.

3. Did not mention anything about meeting, just mentioned that I want to go for a business meeting. Did not explain anything. I think this could be a main reason. What do you think?

4. No, I did not explain as to why 18 days are needed. Actually, I am now thinking of going for 5-7 days only. Can I change this is new application?

5. My company is paying for the visit.

6. I have a good financial situation as my Income Tax Returns and Bank Balance states. I am staying with my parents, wife and kids(1.5 years old son and 6 year old daughter) My father is also a director in the company. I did not attach any property papers.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think your trip is too long for a business meeting - especially since you didn't provide any information about the purpose of the business meeting.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Sorry I missed replying to your post.

Here goes:
1. Invitation letter from the Canadian company clearly stating the purpose/specific dates of your visit + 24-hour contact details of your host

2. Letter of support issued by your company confirming your visit + all expenses will be paid + proofs of provisional hotel and flight bookings made by your company (not by you) + company credit card with spending limits (if you have one) + 6 months' company bank statement

3. Evidence of business interactions with the Canadian company: Company profiles of both companies + contracts/payments/emails + why you (and no one else) should attend the meeting + your CV

4. Day-by-day itinerary explaining why you need 5-6 days for business meetings

5. Your company business registration documents + audit statement + tax returns + some other contracts/POs

6. Your appointment letter + 6 months salary slips/transfers + 2 years ITRs + 6 months bank statements (if there are any large transfers then do explain it)

7. Proofs of your personal financial situation: FDs, RDs, shares, mutual funds, PPF, EPF, etc

8. Proofs of your other ties: Property ownership including current indicative market value + property tax receipts in your name + dependent family + any other ties (social, volunteer for example, Rotary Club), etc

9. Previous Travel History: In a tabular format, give visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit.... for travel in the last 10 years

10. Explanation why you must return to India by a specific date

Do keep in mind the processing time + Diwali holidays when you mention the intended dates for your visit

Cheers

Oct 1, 2013
Bryanna said:
Hi,

Sorry I missed replying to your post.

Here goes:
1. Invitation letter from the Canadian company clearly stating the purpose/specific dates of your visit + 24-hour contact details of your host

2. Letter of support issued by your company confirming your visit + all expenses will be paid + proofs of provisional hotel and flight bookings made by your company (not by you) + company credit card with spending limits (if you have one) + 6 months' company bank statement

3. Evidence of business interactions with the Canadian company: Company profiles of both companies + contracts/payments/emails + why you (and no one else) should attend the meeting + your CV

4. Day-by-day itinerary explaining why you need 5-6 days for business meetings

5. Your company business registration documents + audit statement + tax returns + some other contracts/POs

6. Your appointment letter + 6 months salary slips/transfers + 2 years ITRs + 6 months bank statements (if there are any large transfers then do explain it)

7. Proofs of your personal financial situation: FDs, RDs, shares, mutual funds, PPF, EPF, etc

8. Proofs of your other ties: Property ownership including current indicative market value + property tax receipts in your name + dependent family + any other ties (social, volunteer for example, Rotary Club), etc

9. Previous Travel History: In a tabular format, give visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit.... for travel in the last 10 years

10. Explanation why you must return to India by a specific date

Do keep in mind the processing time + Diwali holidays when you mention the intended dates for your visit

Cheers
Thanks a lot for your help.
This is very helpful.
I think I submitted very less documents and did not explain properly.
Will re-apply after Diwali and plan for visit mid December.
Shall update whatever is the outcome.

Thanks again. :)