+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo VO FSW ( pre june and non transferred applicants) share timeline plz :)

jenny4u82

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010 (2nd AOR Oct 2010)
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
May 2010
Med's Request
May 17, 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
God know better!!!
Hi BK11

Whatz your timeline??

Thanks

jenny4u82

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010 (2nd AOR Oct 2010)
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
May 2010
Med's Request
May 17, 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
God know better!!!
Following major cuts, nearly 10,000 immigration files were forgotten by the department

In their haste to reform Canada's immigration system, the Conservatives actually forgot about the files of nearly 10,000 qualified worker applicants for permanent residence, said New Democrats.

Nearly two years after paying the required fees and sending their permanent residence applications to Buffalo, thousands still haven't received a response from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). To make matters worse, their files still haven't been assigned to agents and Minister Kenney won't even bother to answer their questions.

“This Conservative boondoggle transformed the Canadian dream of thousands of people into a total nightmare,” said NDP Immigration Critic, Jinny Sims. “Minister Kenney must take responsibility and deal with these forgotten applications once and for all.”

This erratic and shameful management of these forgotten files is a result of major cuts leading to the closure of the CIC office in Buffalo. In the spring, the government announced 84.3 million in cuts, particularly to staff, claiming that services wouldn't be affected.

“By making hasty reforms and massive cuts, Minister Kenney is damaging our immigration system. Under Kenney's watch, CIC has become less transparent, less effective and less compassionate. Minister Kenney spends more time managing ethnic outreach than he does managing his ministry,” concluded New Democrat Deputy Critic for Immigration, Sadia Groguhé.

BK11

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Hi Jenny,

I applied in October 2011 and till now no update on my case. My file is in Ottawa and not even a single thing has started for processing. I really get frustrated sometimes that I chose buffalo office :-\

jenny4u82 said:
Hi BK11

Whatz your timeline??

Thanks

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi BK11,

They are not even replying to our emails and you are expecting passport request from them when knowing the fact that there are tons of applications pending with Ottawa.

May be couple of passport requests from them to people who are lucky. Are u going to be amongst those lucky ones.?No body knows for sure

When they are not even replying to emails in which I am just confirming whether my file is with them or not and if it is with them.Does it have all documents because before Buffalo closed they asked couple of documents which I submitted and right after that buffalo closed.
They are not replying.

With this pace it looks like they will take another couple of years to complete back log.They will keep promising that they will get rid of backlog soon.How many promises they have fullfilled in the past?

Please do not expect anything from Ottawa in December and January.I work in govt and I know how govt organizations work.In December, all employees take leaves,if they don't they their leaves will expire and many of them have leaves in

I think most of us would have been through if Buffalo had not closed because our application was in advanced stages.

Bottom line:-I would love to be wrong but my feeling is that they have not even looked at some files even once after they have been transferred from buffalo.If they had looked at it at least they would have replied to our emails.But they have not .It's probably lying somewhere in the box and resting in peace.

But any way, be positive and optimistic,who knows you might be the luckiest.

Thanks,
Trick

steve2007

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-10-2010
File Transfer...
03-01-2011
Med's Request
25-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 18th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
god knows
LANDED..........
god knows
jeevan said:
same thought as Trick mentioned
Gees. I am really in great need of the PR card to start a new career. It sounds that it won't happen until next year.

BK11

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Hi,

I can really understand your feelings, frustration and volcanic thing erupting inside you everyday but we cant help it. Just be patient and wait for your turn because without the grace of Almightly, nothing is possible. Try to feel the pain of pre 2008 applicants, you will feel better. And, as far as I know, this all depends upon your luck, all other Visa offices are also on the same pace. Some people who applied this year, have already got PR and some applied in 2010 did not even get MR yet. And, I am sure that all 2010 applicants will get thru fast in Jan 2013 as they will finish the backlog first and then will accept fresh applicants may be after the 2nd quater of 2013. So, till then, enjoy this festive season of Christmas and New Year and hope this 2013 will bring happiness and great luck for you guys....Cheers :)

Trick said:
Hi BK11,

They are not even replying to our emails and you are expecting passport request from them when knowing the fact that there are tons of applications pending with Ottawa.

May be couple of passport requests from them to people who are lucky. Are u going to be amongst those lucky ones.?No body knows for sure

When they are not even replying to emails in which I am just confirming whether my file is with them or not and if it is with them.Does it have all documents because before Buffalo closed they asked couple of documents which I submitted and right after that buffalo closed.
They are not replying.

With this pace it looks like they will take another couple of years to complete back log.They will keep promising that they will get rid of backlog soon.How many promises they have fullfilled in the past?

Please do not expect anything from Ottawa in December and January.I work in govt and I know how govt organizations work.In December, all employees take leaves,if they don't they their leaves will expire and many of them have leaves in

I think most of us would have been through if Buffalo had not closed because our application was in advanced stages.

Bottom line:-I would love to be wrong but my feeling is that they have not even looked at some files even once after they have been transferred from buffalo.If they had looked at it at least they would have replied to our emails.But they have not .It's probably lying somewhere in the box and resting in peace.

But any way, be positive and optimistic,who knows you might be the luckiest.

Thanks,
Trick

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi BK1,

Today ,I am in fact in a better position than I was when I applied for Canadian immigration .As of now I am in better place and doing much better professionally than I was when I applied for immigration .Even If I do not get it that will not be the end of world for me.

But we all expect some decision from them in a timely manner,Either say yes or no so that we are done with it.Just do not hold our files.

BK11

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Dont expect that your case will reject now, its almost done. Thats the reason, they sent you MR. Be positive and enjoy your life, who knows whats gonna happen next second. At least, we are blessed with so many rich things by God and nature that we are not dependent upon anyone. So, choose a "reason" for better life, not to end life with it. Cheers :)

Trick said:
Hi BK1,

Today ,I am in fact in a better position than I was when I applied for Canadian immigration .As of now I am in better place and doing much better professionally than I was when I applied for immigration .Even If I do not get it that will not be the end of world for me.

But we all expect some decision from them in a timely manner,Either say yes or no so that we are done with it.Just do not hold our files.

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
hello guys, I need help with some questions. My timeline is on the left under m profile.

First of all, are there people in this forum applying from the USA that have the work permit or visa expiring soon, and still have not heard anything from CIC?

I live and work in the US on work permit and it is about to expired in January and i have not heard anything from CIC on my application yet. Please, advise me what i can do because the work permit i have is not renewable, actually its an OPT (Optional Practical Training) which you received after graduation.
I have written several messages to CIC, but it seems like they are not even checking them. No response.

My question here is, has anybody been in the same situation, or heard of anybody in the same situation that was able to resolve the issue with CIC, and How? Please, i seek desperate answer.
Thanks

jeevan

Oct 20, 2010
Interview........
waived
What we can expect . some guys medical already been expired and some guys is on the way to expire. May be some friend are lucky enough to get PPR. but in near future we may hear (my thought) that they may refund our application fee. We cannot control anythings. Its waste of money/ time in application and medical

BK11

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
So many people are in the same boat like you. I know some of the march 2010 applicants who got PPR. So dont worry, if they planned to reject those applicants, they would have already done that to all the applicants of that period. The only bad thing happened with all of us is that Buffalo did not tranfer the files in a proper manner, dats why they are processing cases randomly. Your time will come soon, I am sure :)

jeevan said:
What we can expect . some guys medical already been expired and some guys is on the way to expire. May be some friend are lucky enough to get PPR. but in near future we may hear (my thought) that they may refund our application fee. We cannot control anythings. Its waste of money/ time in application and medical

katydid

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
bufflo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 8th, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 8th, 2011
Med's Request
May 1st, 2013
Med's Done....
May 6th, 2013
Interview........
Oct , 2013
Passport Req..
Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013
BK11 said:
Hi,

I can really understand your feelings, frustration and volcanic thing erupting inside you everyday but we cant help it. Just be patient and wait for your turn because without the grace of Almightly, nothing is possible. Try to feel the pain of pre 2008 applicants, you will feel better. And, as far as I know, this all depends upon your luck, all other Visa offices are also on the same pace. Some people who applied this year, have already got PR and some applied in 2010 did not even get MR yet. And, I am sure that all 2010 applicants will get thru fast in Jan 2013 as they will finish the backlog first and then will accept fresh applicants may be after the 2nd quater of 2013. So, till then, enjoy this festive season of Christmas and New Year and hope this 2013 will bring happiness and great luck for you guys....Cheers :)

Totally agree your opinion. This is the really correct attitude to our application. We should believe that everything will be going well after a lots of unpleasing things happen. All of our efforts and attentions will pay off. Bodhisattva will bless us.

Matt_2010

Star Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-March-2010
Doc's Request.
18-May-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
2nd AOR 12-April-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012 from Buffalo to Ottawa
Med's Request
24-April-2013
Med's Done....
01-May-2013/Misplaced by Ottawa Since June and was Found 24th of October!!!!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
15-11-2013
HOPE FOR THE BEST PREPARE FOR THE WORST!!!!! WE ARE ALMOST THERE!!!!

steve2007

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-10-2010
File Transfer...
03-01-2011
Med's Request
25-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 18th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
god knows
LANDED..........
god knows
Matt_2010 said:
HOPE FOR THE BEST PREPARE FOR THE WORST!!!!! WE ARE ALMOST THERE!!!!
any luck today? guys