+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo visa office

abduljawad

Mar 2, 2009
This is my application to date,,,

*We received your application for permanent residence on May 27, 2009.

*We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 30, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

*Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

*We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on August 5, 2009. The Buffalo office may contact you.

I send my full documents in october 2009 with ielts.

Havent heard anything back so far.

Can anyone tell me how long before i get any response back. Is this the usual waiting time.
And also is it ok if i email the buffalo office and inquire about my file.

thku

vgadde

Apr 23, 2010
Did you get your AOR for the full documentation to Buffalo office? Better call them or email them about your status.

abduljawad

Mar 2, 2009
Thanks for your reply vgadde

What is AOR ? I have my file number and they have received my supporting documents.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abduljawad said:

*We received your application for permanent residence on May 27, 2009.

*We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 30, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

*Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

*We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on August 5, 2009. The Buffalo office may contact you.

I send my full documents in october 2009 with ielts.

Havent heard anything back so far.

Can anyone tell me how long before i get any response back. Is this the usual waiting time.

thku
I think that you have applied under the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Then send a case specific inquiry to CHC Buffalo asking for a status update on your case (If you are not using an agent or ask your agent/representative to do so).

Here is the link. It has taken time long enough so better contact them.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/buffalo.asp

For inquiry

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=buffalo

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abduljawad said:

thku

Yes, as rocky mentioned above, you can use any way of the above links to send them an inquiry. However, do not get disappointed if you receive their generic responce which is:

"Your application is in a queue awaiting intial assessment, this could take up to 64 weeks from the date of receipt of your application at this office"

Unfortunatly, Buffalo is a very slow office, and your waiting time is normal with Buffalo.

Good luck.

abduljawad

Mar 2, 2009
Thank you for your advise.

I did get and email from buffalo office on Nov 24, 2009. Stating that they have received my documents and gave me a new file number is that the AOR??????

If that is the AOR how long (estimated) before i hear back from them again.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

abduljawad said:
Thank you for your advise.

I did get and email from buffalo office on Nov 24, 2009. Stating that they have received my documents and gave me a new file number is that the AOR??????

If that is the AOR how long (estimated) before i hear back from them again.
1. Yes
2. Between 6 & 8 months for completion for 80% of applications. You should be getting a medical request really soon, unless there is a problem.